PDA

View Full Version : DP AND DR IS BACK after someone talked about it

gregcool
05-08-15, 20:41
Dont believe it.iv had a few good weeks and havnt suffered DP OR DR.untill a chat with a friend who said they were suffering with it.then 20 min after i started to feel it again.i forgot all about it for the last three weeks..so pissed off now..cant shake it off..

MyNameIsTerry
05-08-15, 22:50
Yeah, that's how forums like this can even a problem. I think it can catch me at a weak moment that I probably don't realise and drive a wedge in and try and prise itself out.

I would get on with some stuff mate and see if it goes quickly. It's a trigger but it could be a minor one you can more easily get past then when it comes along with all the mood stuff in a more natural anxiety pattern.

The fact you went all that time without it shows improvement and that's the most important thing.

Oosh
06-08-15, 08:10
Yeh I'm like that. It's just the thought in your head. Thoughts are easy. They come and go like the weather. You can forget them too without even realising.
Let the thought blow off again on its way. Think about your daughter instead. That'll bring a better mood. Think about what stuff you can enjoy when you next see her.

gregcool
06-08-15, 10:34
Thanks Terry/oosh
It faded after a while i focused on other stuff and the DP/DR slowley went,thank god because i hate this feeling when its with me..as i say i normaly have it most days,but since iv been seeing my daughter,over the last few weeks and she is calling and texting me nearly every day,iv felt much better and had some great days..so somthing is working

venusbluejeans
06-08-15, 11:37
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

MyNameIsTerry
06-08-15, 22:24
That's good to hear, Greg. You will become more resilient to the triggers from others in time and given this is the one you really struggle with and the fact you tackled getting rid of it just shows you are improving.

It sounds to me like your daughter being back in your life is a major motivator for you because you have also started working too. I think she is giving you your sense of purpose back.