PDA

View Full Version : please help me lung cancer fear!!!

BrayRevolver
05-08-15, 23:48
Hi there 6 months ago i was on here for the fear of lung cancer and had at the time a X-ray plus copd test as was having breathing issues and all the doctors where saying anxiety related , 6 months has passed and I've had the odd good moment but always obsessing about my lungs and breathing , yes i smoke and the more anxious i get the more i smoke !!!
Anyway 4 to 5 weeks ago i was walking up my drive and observed the fact i felt quite healthy with my breathing and maybe my anxiety if thats what it had been was leaving finally But that very afternoon a new cough started with rattling in my chest the doctor doesn't seem concerned and had a full blood test done to reassure me but i am freaking myself out to the point i can't stop crying , how do i know whats real or whats not my symptoms say to be worried , i know smoking makes this worse and need to quit but my anxiety is so bad that would put even more stress on a already stressed mind , can anyone help or relate to this I'm terrified I've got only months to live , feeling tight in chest and after 4 doctor visits and 4 big courses of antibiotics has not gone , the doctor doesn't seem concerned i feel like the little boy who cried wolf and one day no one will believe me , but i am freaking myself out to the point i can't stop crying , I'm 42 too young to die and feel no one takes me seriously when i say i can't breathe , the doctors and family say its all anxiety but how can anxiety cause phlegm in my chest and cause me to be wheezing , can anyone help or relate to this I'm terrified I've got only months to live

Fishmanpa
06-08-15, 00:15
Its a fact that smoking is a contributing factor of lung cancer. You're faced with a decision. Feed your fear and contribute to the possibility of getting what you fear most or quit, suffer for a short time and remove that catalyst.

As of now, medical professionals attribute your symptoms to anxiety. It makes sense that treating your anxiety and removing things (smoking) that contribute to your fear would be the most logical and prudent course of action.

I'm a survivor of H&N cancer. Smoking was part of the reason I got it. Ironically, I quit but unfortunately cancer had already taken hold. I would hope sharing this would be a positive influence and motivation to do what you know you need to do.

Positive thoughts

BrayRevolver
06-08-15, 03:22
i wish that helped me but it hasn't I'm more terrified now