PDA

View Full Version : Hello, new guy here .

craiglc36
05-02-07, 19:35
Hello . I am 38 and have been suffering for nearly 3 years now .
After seeing many docs and having the usual tests It is starting to sink in that I do have some form of Anxiety / panic disorder .
I didnt want to believe it at first . As I was convinced that something more physical was wrong with me . ( still do on and off)
I have read a few threads and I have found that others share the same symptoms . I was begining to feel I was the only sufferer in the whole world .
sometimes I think i am going insane .
I am off to post .

trac67
05-02-07, 19:38
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'

honeybee3939
05-02-07, 19:39
Hi Craig

And a BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice while making new friends on the way.:D

Take a look at the first step pages also Craig you may find them of interest.

First Steps:
First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Love

Andrea
xxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

cookielucious
05-02-07, 20:11
Hello, I just want to welcolm you.I am new also but I have met some terrific people here with good advice. I am also a suffer of 3 years. You are not going insane, just the way this bad thing make us feel. Hang in there and try to always think postive.I no it's hard cause I am having a time now..but I do give effort.You can always email me if you like..Take care and God bless..

manmoor
05-02-07, 22:04
Hi Craig,

A big warm welcome to you.

"When There Was Only One It Was Then That I Carried You."

sal
05-02-07, 22:43
Hiya Craig

Firstly welcome to the forum and secondly it is great to realise that you are by no means alone. Look forward to hearing more from you. We are all here to help and support each other.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

pamella
05-02-07, 22:54
hi, i understand u exactly, i feel as if im going mad, only to be told if u can think that your going mad then your not....if u were u woodnt be thinking. not a lot of practical help i no. i too am convincined every pain, ache or new symptom is something sinster and serious. i cannot beleive how r mind can work, wish i could just accept that its just PANIC.

pjrobb

wobily_lin
06-02-07, 18:16
elo Craig,

A big welcome to the site..great advice n support here and ye will make good friends who understand..x

Take care,
Lin xxx
"Fear is dat lil darkroom, wer negatives r developed", so positive thoughts okies!!!!!

craiglc36
06-02-07, 20:28
Thankyou all for your warm welcome and kind words , I appretiate it greatly .

sal
06-02-07, 23:17
Hi Craig

Youve had some great replies and we are all here to support you and look forward to hearing more from you.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

sylvia
07-02-07, 13:25
Hi Craig
You're oh so not alone!
I'm new today also I have had 'little white rabbit syndrome' or Panic attacks too - since 1998 too long. Searching for tips and success stories on how to switch them off! I'm on and off Citalopram (very good - low sex drive) but improves mood, I try to think positive always. Prozac just heightened anxiety. Yes it depresses me and think it's driving me mad. Coping by avoiding the triggers - hard to do but life is a lot calmer since doing this. I used to tell people to go away, switch it off! or leave me alone - now I avoid people more, live a quieter life and am buiding a new career to cope with LIVING WITH PANIC ATTACKS. The symptons are awful and having a panic attack is weird, scary and distressing - . Fortunately I have a very kind G.P. I'd like to know if Panic attactks only effect sensitive kind of people like myself or do they affect anyone? I was a sensitive, timid and shy person mostly. Sylvia middle name Josephine

SJR

nomorepanic
10-02-07, 14:35
Hi Craig

A warm welcome aboard.

Hope we can be of some help to you.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel