PDA

View Full Version : New health anxiety

Rotherham1991
06-08-15, 02:16
Hello I have been reading all your discussions and found you all very helpful. Basically I had an accidental caffine overdose just under 2 weeks ago with major heart palpitations I was convinced I was going to die. Since then I have had constant anxiety usual symptoms shortness of breath fast heart rate chest tightness pains to chest etc. I am a trained nurse so I am aware of the symptoms of heart issues and have been convinced I have something major wrong with me. When trying to sleep I have been feeling suffocated. I had no issues prior to this regarding anxiety I have been seen a few times in a&e ecgs fine seen by my gp bloods fine going for a chest X-ray tomorrow. This has changed me into a completely different person I am checking my heartrate constantly which is making me worse and struggling to breathe.

Any advice?

worrywart29
06-08-15, 02:59
My advice would be to try to get it in control now. Anxiety could easily spiral out of control, since it's still new for you it's possible for you to get a grip on it. All of us had something that triggered our anxiety the problem is we allowed it to keep getting worse and now it's out of our control. Knowing what I know now I would have checked anxiety at the door the first signs of it.