PDA

View Full Version : Feeling like I'm going to die soon

misskittie
06-08-15, 04:49
I don't know why I have this impending sense of doom that I'm going to die soon. I'm absolutely petrified of exactly how it is I'm going to go...is it this stomach pain that's just going to get worse until something ruptures or the pain in my leg that's back be the blood clot I thought it was before. I can't get this thought out of my head so I'm at the drs everyday getting aomething checked out to make sure I'll make it through until tomorrow. I'm not sure how to stop this and how to get this out of my mind.
Has anyone else felt like this and been able to overcome it? If you have how?
Obviously I don't want to die and would never hurt myself but I hate that I have two little girls that I'm just not being the best mom I can be to them because of my crazy fears.

Oosh
06-08-15, 07:43
Can you try to find any less scary explanations for those symptoms you feel ?
Because if you look for catastrophic explanations you'll find them then that's the reality you'll live in. Those less scary explanations can really bring anxiety levels down.

Stomach pain can be a thousand other things other than something that will rupture. Suggest that to yourself. Could it be ibs brought on by all the anxiety ?

Pain in your leg is more likely muscular or skeletal rather than anything fatal ?
Try stretching and strengthening your legs. Keep them strong and loose. Use them and keep them healthy.

BlueEyesShining
07-08-15, 21:42
I can relate to this. It`s very hard, i know. Even when i feel the slightest pain, I always think that it`s going to be something fatal. I always have stomach pain because of my anxiety, and i think that my appendix will rupture. Anxiety makes this even worse, my panic is sky high.

I found that exercise helps me feel better. I try to workout every day for half an hour, and only then i feel strong and healthy. When i feel like googling my symptoms, i come on this forum and it makes me feel like I`m not alone. Writing and music also help me a lot.

I also found that the nights are the hardest for me. When it`s silent and everyone is sleeping, i think about how lonely i am and i think that i will die soon. Then in the mornings i feel better. It`s a vicious cycle. Stay strong.

misskittie
08-08-15, 02:29
Thanks I am feeling a little better the past couple of days. Maybe it's the fact my therapist is finally back in town.
I wish I could figure out how to stop catastrophizing.

GingerFish
08-08-15, 14:17
I had this feeling last month when I was at the start of what was either a very severe setback or a nervous breakdown. I couldn't shake off this horrible feeling that somehow, I was going to die soon. Any time I was aware of my heart beat, it brought the fear back because I thought my heart was beating too fast and it would cut out or I would get a pain in my abdomen and assume I had appendicitis or a burst ulcer.

I know exactly how you feel and I thought I would never get out of that feeling but I eventually did. Talking to my doctor and having him check me over and have him reassure me that physically I was fine, I was just severely stressed, helped me calm down and recover over the next few weeks.