PDA

View Full Version : missed heart beats freaking out

gordie1
06-08-15, 12:49
I am trying to stay calm but I keep on getting skipped heart beats. I already have a diagnosis of atrial fibrillation paroxysmal, yesterday afternoon I went all hyper for some reason and had a few diet cokes. I had some friends round last night and had 2 cups of coffee and I chatted to a friend until 3 am and got up at 6. It is very hot here I went for a walk trying to find a shop and got lost and walked for 2 miles I sat down in a cafe and had a drink and I was bored so I checked my pulse and I felt it to be erratic 3 missed beats every 2 minutes so I got a taxi home and it has settled down a lot now I am only aware of them if I check my pulse I'm just freaking out a bit looked at Google and it could be heart block but could it be a combination of the things yesterday and today does tiredness cause skipped beats they are horrible

Fishmanpa
06-08-15, 13:17
A lack of sleep and uber amounts of caffeine would cause palps and skipped beats in anyone.

Positive thoughts

countrygirl
06-08-15, 14:36
As said the past day would give anyone missed beats and palps! Keep off the caffeine as thats number one culprit.
I have had missed beats for past 30 years and had them seen on many ecg's and was told they are only felt by anxious people and they are normal variation in hearbeat so cardio's are not bothered. Whenever I have them bad I remember this that they are horrible but harmless.

Such alot of caffeine and lack of sleep will also put your anxiety up alot too.

ricardo
06-08-15, 17:14
I have bigaminy which is an irregular but regular heart beat,which despite having a heart attack, has been with me all my life.

I do agree with Fishmanpa and countrygirl that lack of sleep and caffeine don't do you any favours when it comes to heartbeats.