PDA

View Full Version : Gluten causes anxiety - kinda?

ankietyjoe
06-08-15, 13:53
Hey guys

I've read lots about people having various issues with gluten, but my question here is whether anybody has specifically noted an increased sense of anxiety when they eat gluten?

For the most part I seem to be ok with 'normal' bread etc, but once in a while the kids DEMAND pizza - Dominos.....:D

Who am I to argue?

What I've noticed is that when I eat takeaway pizza (usually 3-4 slices) I get an increased sense of anxiety, although it's purely physical. It's like an almost overwhelming sense of excitement/adrenaline (a bit like the excitement you experienced as a child on Christmas morning!) but not really pleasant. I can control it enough that it doesn't turn into panic so I'm convinced it's a reaction to the food rather than a psychological reaction.

I guess 3-4 slices of fat greasy pizza equates to about 5-6 slices of 'normal' bread (which I'd never eat in one sitting) so it might happen with other sources of processed gluten too, I just only notice it with takeaway pizza.

Anybody else experience something similar?

SarahH
06-08-15, 14:26
I dint get a problem with gluten. But definitely from MSG in Chinese food.

Sarah

sial72
06-08-15, 14:29
I haven't noticed it specifically with pizza, but I did notice it with certain foods, in my case more with dairy products. I have now cut out dairy, gluten and sugar and I have noticed a difference.

ankietyjoe
06-08-15, 17:41
Hmmm interesting

Are we talking a general feeling of rubbish or that excited/adrenal feeling that I get?

MyNameIsTerry
06-08-15, 22:20
I know two members on here have mentioned this, one with gluten, the other with cheese.

Shakey (with a 4 digit year after his name) had spoken about how removing gluten has removed a lot of his anxiety.

Testing it with various foods is a good way. There will be an allergy test for it too.

Just be wary of being at a bad anxiety stage because you can also be more susceptible to things that stop bothering you later.

ankietyjoe
08-08-15, 15:48
I know two members on here have mentioned this, one with gluten, the other with cheese.

Shakey (with a 4 digit year after his name) had spoken about how removing gluten has removed a lot of his anxiety.

Testing it with various foods is a good way. There will be an allergy test for it too.

Just be wary of being at a bad anxiety stage because you can also be more susceptible to things that stop bothering you later.

Ok thanks

It's odd that it doesn't usually happen with a sandwich, although as I mentioned I'm probably eating a lot more 'trigger' when having 3-4 slices of pizza.

If it ever happens with cheese.......:scared15: