PDA

View Full Version : Yes another lymph node question! New here

Mamafox2
06-08-15, 15:07
Hello, new here. 2 years ago after an early miscarriage I had 2 episodes of night sweats I became obsessed with lymph node checking and found one in my groin after a couple days of digging. My dr said it was just inflamed from follicultiis and shaving so I forgot about it. We got pregnant again and now two years later I just noticed a neck lymph node (I have two small pea shapes one behind my ears that come and go every month for the last 7 years) the dr felt my neck on and said its all normal. But then I googled too much and read about a slow growing lymphoma and I'm 100% sure that's what I have. I am in the process of getting a groin FNA but haven't got my appt yet. The one in my groin is longer thin harder and mobile. Hasn't changed in 2 years. Anyone have any experience? Thank you

tijnug
06-08-15, 15:12
If the doctor says it is normal it might nothing to be worried about. Poking and prodding can cause them to swell as well. If you are really worried about it talk to your doctor about your fear

Mamafox2
06-08-15, 18:31
I did talk to him that's why I seen a surgeon and am having a biopsy done, just wondering is anyone had any experience with permanent groin lymph nodes

Thanks for the reply!

---------- Post added at 13:31 ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 ----------

Anyone anyone??

tmckenzie-orr
06-08-15, 19:01
you can feel lymph nodes all over the body if you check for them and know the right place dont bother looking for them and dont touch them all the best positive thoughts

TheMadOladCoger
06-08-15, 20:15
Hi!

I have had a serious problem with Lymph Nodes and have posted a couple of times about them in a panic. What I have learnt from my Doctor and the people on this Forum is that its normal to be able to feel them.

Like tmchenzie-orr said don't go looking for them, don't touch them it only makes it worse in the long run and I would know I worried for months all for nothing no one but me was worried 3 Doctors all said they were fine but I couldn't accept it but we need to accept it to move on from it.

Peace

Mamafox2
07-08-15, 00:26
Thank you for the reply , I'm so scared for my biopsy

dsavvy
16-09-15, 11:01
Hi, im new to this forum and found you guys by googling how to stop prodding and poking.
Only because a few weeks ago my consultant found a small lymph node in the groin area which he didn't seem that concern about but still documented it and sent a letter to my GP to keep an eye on. I also had blood tests that day which didn't show anything.

Since that visit i have been poking and prodding everything and found a small lymph node on my neck probably smaller than a 0.5cm but i have had a slight sore throat and now it feels like i have mild ear infection, im hoping this is the reason.

But the reason i worry is because 15 years ago i have had hodgkins lymphoma and have had chemotherapy, and I should know better what the symptoms are, because my lymph nodes grew bigger and one of them was actually hurting because it was pushing on a nerve in my shoulder. But can't still help worrying about it.

I just worry that the lymph nodes are going to go out of control and get bigger, and i think i may have made my groin area a bit sore by constantly poking at it and my neck. But they haven't got any bigger.

I can't stop thinking about it, it's turning into an obsession :(