PDA

View Full Version : Health Anxiety driving me crazy

jcrowleytg
06-08-15, 17:29
Hello all,
I am new to this website although I have dealt with severe health anxiety for year. I am a 20 year old healthy male, never had surgery of any kind. The worse thing I have had is psoriasis. For the past couple months i have had a feeling of something on my right side of my throat that I need to swallow but cannot. it almost feels that if i push on the outside of my throat i can feel in even better on the inside. I have been to two GP and they have all told me that there is nothing wrong and it is probably allergies. I have tried many allergy medicines and it has not gotten any better. I am also a victim to "Dr. Google" and i am now convinced that I have tonsil or throat cancer.. I have made an appointment with an ENT just to get a more professional opinion. I literally cannot stop thinking about it and it is driving me crazy. I think its cancer and that im going to die. Please help

Oosh
07-08-15, 08:23
Try not to look into it anymore. It's really not a useful thing to do.

Try thinking of all the other possibilities it would be if anything at all. See how unrealistic it is to assume it's only one of these possibilities, the most scary one.

If your going to look into it, look for evidence arguing a positive outcome and not a negative one.

Rennie1989
07-08-15, 21:22
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.