PDA

View Full Version : an extra dose of amoxycillin taken in error freaking out

gordie1
06-08-15, 20:58
Hi there
I am staying overnight house sitting at my parents so i took pills with me i took 2 amoxycillin 1 for my tea and at bed time ive got an abscess atm. i took 2 accidentally with my tea 2 500mg tablets i am on 3 a day. i cant believe ive been so stupid will i b ok feel very flushed

Emmapony
06-08-15, 21:01
Don't panic, because That won't help anything, I'm sure it won't cause you any serious problems but I'd call NHS 111 and explain the situation! They'll tell you what's best to do :) your probably flushed cause your panicked but worth a call to ease your mind x

countrygirl
06-08-15, 21:28
You can take up to 3g a day of amoxycillin, people with artificial heartvalves are given this before dental treatment in one dose so it should not be a problem what you have done but for your peace of mind can you speak to an late chemist say or nhs 111 just to confirm this as I am not medically qualified but know that my friend as above does this everytime he has dental treatment.

nomorepanic
07-08-15, 15:16
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

ricardo
07-08-15, 16:31
Hi there
I am staying overnight house sitting at my parents so i took pills with me i took 2 amoxycillin 1 for my tea and at bed time ive got an abscess atm. i took 2 accidentally with my tea 2 500mg tablets i am on 3 a day. i cant believe ive been so stupid will i b ok feel very flushed

A we haven't heard back from you, one can hopefully assume everything was well with your anti biotic.:)

Sometimes a double dose is given at a start of a course.