PDA

View Full Version : Small pea sized bump back of neck

stressedanxious
07-08-15, 02:16
Just felt a small pea sized bump back of neck. I am freaking out . I am scared, and I am anxious, and I am thinking worse case scenario. I am sick and tired of this. THERE IS ALWAYS SOMETHING NEW to worry about! I just cannot take this. I am panicking i am scared, I can't eat cause of the worry. I just can't take this. I was just at the doctor last week for something else. I just can't take this I am freaking out :( I am terrified .

stressedanxious
07-08-15, 10:35
:scared15:

countrygirl
07-08-15, 10:58
I have had these in the past and they have been a slightly swollen lymph node. I find that in a week or two they go away. The very worst thing you can do is keep touching it as the touching causes it to swell and persist.

I know enough people who had had lymph cancers and they all had very very swollen nodes that increased in size very quickly and on first visit to GP's were straight away sent for tests becasue of the size and speed of increase.

Only check its size once every 2-3 days and if its not gone down or got alot bigger in next two weeks then you are right to see the Dr but I guess it will go away. Its doing it job and fighting a small infection maybe in a hair follicle.

If I cut my gum on a sharp bit of food then the lymph node under my jaw will be swollen and sore for a week then go away - done it job.

stressedanxious
07-08-15, 13:29
But I don't understand why the bump is there? I don't seem to have any infections?

Fishmanpa
07-08-15, 14:33
Just felt a small pea sized bump back of neck. I am freaking out . I am scared, and I am anxious, and I am thinking worse case scenario. I am sick and tired of this. THERE IS ALWAYS SOMETHING NEW to worry about! I just cannot take this. I am panicking i am scared, I can't eat cause of the worry. I just can't take this. I was just at the doctor last week for something else. I just can't take this I am freaking out :( I am terrified .

There are dozens of benign reasons. A lipoma or cyst is a possibility. I have one the size of a peppercorn that visible on the front of my neck and have had it for years. Unfortunately, no one can tell you what it is.

That being said, it would be wise to address your anxiety with your GP as you're jumping from one thing to another. Last week is was a perfectly normal asymmetric rib which was confirmed and deemed normal by a medical professional. Now it's a pea sized lump. In both cases you were/are consumed with worry over it. One way or another, finding a way to control your anxiety would make life much more enjoyable for you.

Positive thoughts

stressedanxious
07-08-15, 16:49
There are dozens of benign reasons. A lipoma or cyst is a possibility. I have one the size of a peppercorn that visible on the front of my neck and have had it for years. Unfortunately, no one can tell you what it is.

That being said, it would be wise to address your anxiety with your GP as you're jumping from one thing to another. Last week is was a perfectly normal asymmetric rib which was confirmed and deemed normal by a medical professional. Now it's a pea sized lump. In both cases you were/are consumed with worry over it. One way or another, finding a way to control your anxiety would make life much more enjoyable for you.

Positive thoughts

I already talked to someone about my anxiety and they prescribed Zoloft. But I cannot take it yet because I am breastfeeding, so I am just trying to wean my baby from the breast before I can take my medication. But I just don't know what to do, I am so scared, I didn't sleep all night, I am very concerned. I just cannot take this. I can't enjoy my life. Im constantly afraid something bad is gonna happen. I can't eat :( I am very stressed, and worried.

Fishmanpa
07-08-15, 17:02
I already talked to someone about my anxiety and they prescribed Zoloft. But I cannot take it yet because I am breastfeeding, so I am just trying to wean my baby from the breast before I can take my medication. But I just don't know what to do, I am so scared, I didn't sleep all night, I am very concerned. I just cannot take this. I can't enjoy my life. Im constantly afraid something bad is gonna happen. I can't eat :( I am very stressed, and worried.

I'm sorry you're hurting so badly. I hope you find some relief soon.

Positive thoughts

stressedanxious
07-08-15, 17:18
I hope I get some relief too, I am losing too much weight from the stress.

Has anyone else dealt with this before?

tmckenzie-orr
07-08-15, 17:29
everybody loses weight during really stressful episodes, because you dont have the same apetite, and you feel sick and your metablism works alot faster
try not to worry urself if your brestfeeding you need to think of the positives off life like your baby , and forget the horrible silly worrys and what ifs

stressedanxious
07-08-15, 17:42
everybody loses weight during really stressful episodes, because you dont have the same apetite, and you feel sick and your metablism works alot faster
try not to worry urself if your brestfeeding you need to think of the positives off life like your baby , and forget the horrible silly worrys and what ifs

I'm trying really hard not to worry, but its hard because I don't want anything bad to happen to me. I was just at the doctor last week for something else, now I feel like going back again. I just can't take feeling this way :( I can't eat , I can't drink, yet I am breastfeeding, and I am losing a lot of weight. I just don't know what to do.

Has anyone else had a little bump back of the neck? ?

Fishmanpa
07-08-15, 18:14
Has anyone else had a little bump back of the neck? ?

There are several similar thread links at the bottom of the page or do a search as there are hundreds if not thousands of similar posts.

Positive thoughts

tmckenzie-orr
07-08-15, 18:57
by bump back of neck do you mean the lymph nodes that are 4 cm away from back of spine

---------- Post added at 18:57 ---------- Previous post was at 18:55 ----------

posterior clavicle lymp node?

stressedanxious
07-08-15, 19:47
There are several similar thread links at the bottom of the page or do a search as there are hundreds if not thousands of similar posts.

Positive thoughts

Good idea, thank you.

---------- Post added at 14:47 ---------- Previous post was at 14:46 ----------

by bump back of neck do you mean the lymph nodes that are 4 cm away from back of spine

---------- Post added at 18:57 ---------- Previous post was at 18:55 ----------

posterior clavicle lymp node?

Yes I think thats the spot? :/