PDA

View Full Version : I want to make friends who have hypochondria

stressedanxious
07-08-15, 02:24
Hi everyone, I am new here, just signed up a few weeks ago. I live in America, but I am moving to England in the future. I have MAJOR health anxiety. I have had health anxiety for about 10 years now (off and on) I was previously on Zoloft which helped ease my symptoms of OCD, but once I got pregnant I got off Zoloft and now my symptoms are back. I have MAJOR hypochondria. I am constantly checking my body for bumps, constantly paranoid about every feeling "pain" or symptom. I am always on google, and freaking out. And I always wanna go to the doctor for reassurance. It's terrible living this way. I am constantly scared of diseases, germs, and stuff like that. I would love to meet some friends who are suffering from the same thing, and who would like to be there to support one another via email or texting. Nobody knows I have health anxiety, I keep this to myself, because I am embarrassed to tell my fiancé or my friends. I hope to meet some nice people, Good luck everyone.

venusbluejeans
07-08-15, 02:29
Hiya stressedanxious and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Zim
07-08-15, 15:03
Hi StressedAnxious,

Well, in that case, you came to the right place. Everyone here is happy to have a chat now and again so I'm 100% sure you'll make some new friends who suffer from similar issues. Good luck. :)

sial72
07-08-15, 15:18
Hi and welcome
You can make lots if friends here. And maybe if you are able to talk about it openly it will even help to improve things x

Teresa59
07-08-15, 16:00
Hi and welcome
I'm fairly new too and this place has made such a difference to me already! Everyone is so supportive and friendly! :)

ricardo
07-08-15, 16:29
You definitely will get support on here but a word of warning that not all prescribed medication in The States is available over here and visa versa.

white1989
07-08-15, 16:39
Hi stressedandanxious,

I'm very new to this site too and am finding it really reassuring to find other people in the same position after so long of feeling isolated! feel free to drop me a private message if you want to chat/share experiences and concerns. Stay strong!

stressedanxious
07-08-15, 17:21
Thanks everyone for all the welcome, I hope to get to know some of you, and be friends. Its nice to have someone to share your concerns with, I feel very alone at the moment, I don't really have anyone to share my anxiety and stress with. Its very scary to feel this way, and I am constantly worry there is something wrong with me. I can't stop thinking about my symptoms. :(

lyndau63
08-08-15, 13:40
Welcome. I do know just how you feel. I hope you find what you need on here; it is always good to know that you are not alone.