PDA

View Full Version : New and going through a hard time

winduptoy
07-08-15, 03:14
Hi all,

New to this site but not to anxiety and panic. Been living with panic disorder and varying degrees of agoraphobia for many years but a month ago I slipped into what felt like a 24/7 panic attack. Just constant high levels of anxiety all day. It's been really tough and feeling like none of my strategies are working.

Happy to have found this site and looking forward to meeting and chatting with others who might be going through the same thing.

venusbluejeans
07-08-15, 03:21
Hiya winduptoy and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

weec03
07-08-15, 04:16
Hi,
I too am new to the site but not o anxiety/panic.
I joined hoping to find others with 'similar problems.'
Can you identify any triggers which cause your panic?
Cx

sial72
07-08-15, 06:39
Hi and welcome, I was going to ask the same as above, any ideas of what might have made it worse? X

Zim
08-08-15, 07:53
Hi there Winduptoy and welcome to the family. :D

I also suffered from pretty much 24/7 panic for a period of about a week. Wasn't sure what triggered it but I couldn't sleep and if I managed an hour or so, I immediately woke up in full blown panic again. Personally, I think it was because I had absolutely nothing to occupy my mind.

I was basically sat at home doing nothing because of the anxiety but this only made it worse. Try to do as many activities as you can, however much you don't feel like doing that. It definitely helped me and I haven't had a panic attack in quite some time now.

Good luck. :)

ladyhawke77
08-08-15, 15:57
hi i suffer from agoraphobia and panic attacks for years now and with me not been able to go outside so i sit around alot on facebook as there isnt anything to do during the day

Bella100
10-08-15, 16:13
Hello! I am new to this site aswell and understand what you mean, I have been at home for a few weeks now partly due to other illness and with my anxiety and panic attacks. After having a few out of the house I now have a bit of a fear of going out and have become a little too comfortable at home, I'm trying to get out bit by bit but it is very hard.
I too would be interested to hear any new strategies or suggestions!

Mark13
11-08-15, 20:50
Hi. Welcome aboard. You've certainly found a good place to be.

I'm sure you'll find lots of support here, as I have.