PDA

View Full Version : large tonsil worry

emmalj0
07-08-15, 07:15
So iv a tonsil alot larger on left side which iv been obsessing over. Went drs said looks healthy although agreed its bigger. Said im fine. Said would b more concerned if i was a smoker and over 50. Im still worried. Anyone else have assymetrical tonsils

tmckenzie-orr
07-08-15, 08:18
LISTEN TO YOUR DOCTOR LOL, it's easy not too but u need to convince yourself it's fine forget the what if thoughts and that it's fine, it's never gonna be same side as one all its got to do is collect a lot of bacteria on one side than the other or one side have a tonsil stone and make it enlarge and never go back just don't look in your mouth don't look at it you don't need to look in your mouth I have just told myself the same thing so let's do it together no more looking no more worrying

emmalj0
07-08-15, 09:59
I kno iv got a feeling its always been that way i only noticed cuz got a tonsil stone out abd im sure still some there cuz can feel summat. Dr said prob some debris stuck behind. He said to me i promise ur fine he knows how i panic. Im goin to a festival tomora i want to have a good time. I keep thinkin tho wot if cancer and me drinkin alcohol will make it worse :-(

BlueEyesShining
07-08-15, 12:26
I have assymetrical tonsils all my life and I`ve been constantly checking them in the mirror. But it`s always been so, and I don`t think it`s a problem. So probably you are fine.

tmckenzie-orr
07-08-15, 14:16
go and enjoy your festival tomorrow drink and enjoy, You can always try different gargles salt water tcp gargles or cider apple vinegar gargles all can help your tonsils , but maybe because your so aware of it that you your feeling every sensation ?

Fishmanpa
07-08-15, 14:23
I agree with everyone concerning asymmetry. That's just the way we're made.

I caution you about alcohol. Most know my stance about anxiety and alcohol. I'd hate to see a great time compromised by too much indulgence.

Positive thoughts

tmckenzie-orr
07-08-15, 14:50
i have certainly stopped drinking myself due to anxiety , it effects me too much the next day and few days after makes me paranoid and its just not worth it a big big detox for me now, the negatives out weigh the positives and it could make tonsil a bit sore if it is sore , but could just be where your overly aware with sensations

emmalj0
07-08-15, 17:37
I rarely drink it doesnt affect me too much and i know my limits. Thanks everyone