PDA

View Full Version : Urinating more than drinking

Alice1
07-08-15, 17:31
I noticed over the last few months that when I do go to the toilet I seem to be passing large amounts of urine. I ignored it until a few days ago when I saw a post online about measuring your fluid intake and output and seeing if its more.

I've been doing this over the past 3 days and on the first day my output was 600ml more than my input not including food.
Yesterday it was 100ml less than my input and I haven't finished today but I have been peeing 650ml in one go and this morning was 780ml. I have not eaten anything for 6 hours and drank about 1L (in 100-200ml every few hours) this time.

I have been getting awful headaches, feel tired and dizzy, weak, like I'm about to collapse, heart palps, odd tastes in my mouth and so much discomfort in my stomach, with slight pain sometimes but it could be muscular as it goes and comes randomly.

My urine ranges from dark to light regardless of this massive volume and I am so so worried.
I feel like i am loosing more water than I should be and my body is not holding on to it and I am going to die.
Please help what should I do (its a Friday so I can see a walk in doctor tomorrow but that's it until Monday). Is this urgent, I'm very scared.

---------- Post added at 17:31 ---------- Previous post was at 17:28 ----------

I am also fairly thirsty, but not massively so, and get hot very easily. My mouth and tongue sometimes feel like their burning (but I had not eaten for 6 hours so no allergic reaction). I have decreased my sugar intake fairly dramatically 2 days ago but that's the only change

tmckenzie-orr
07-08-15, 17:34
Stop measuring your wee your fine just because you read something dont let it fix in your head like that, just try and drink 8 glasses of water a day and you will function alot better and will have same pale ish looking wee

ricardo
07-08-15, 18:10
The average to urinate varies from 800 to 2000 ml and there can be a lot of factors as to why one wees too little or too much.

650ml in one go is quite a lot but perhaps you drank or ate more than you thought. Worst way you might have a small infection.Go to the doctors and have a quick urine test.Good luck.