PDA

View Full Version : Really Bad Panic Attack - Advice please?!

MayaH
07-08-15, 18:32
Hi everyone,

I just had a really bad panic attack that lasted about 10-15 minutes. In fact I still feel really weak now and I've got a massive headache. I've never had a headache before after a panic attack - has anyone else had this? During the panic attack I became really detached and felt really out of control - not to where I thought I'd die but I thought I might faint and lose control of knowing where I was. My chest felt really tight like i couldn't take a breath in, I was hyperventilating probably the worst I ever have, I felt dizzy, faint, weak and really sick and I was trembling a bit as well. My whole body got really hot too. I still feel really weak and a bit ill now. I've gone to bed before in the past but I don't want to keep doing that. Has anyone got any tips on how to deal with this? It was really nasty and intense and my panic attacks are starting to really scare and distress me now :( x

Pepperpot
08-08-15, 00:59
Awww I'm sorry that you're feeling this way. The headaches are linked to the panic attack; I get them and it's awful. The pressure in your head just makes you want to shut your eyes. x

GingerFish
08-08-15, 14:19
After a really bad panic attack, I feel the way you describe and sometimes the only thing that feels right is to just go to bed but sometimes I don't want to or I can't so the next best thing I find is exercising. Even if its just five mins on my exercise bike or pacing the flat. It burns off the excess adrenaline left over. I also find eating helps as you lose a lot of energy during an attack and need to replenish it.