PDA

View Full Version : freaking out a lil about body temp

misskittie
08-08-15, 02:18
So my temperature is always 36.3 and the past three days it has gone as high as 37.2 I'm sweating my butt off all the time and worry that I have some hidden infection. I went for a urine test the other day but they said it was a dirty sample so they couldn't tell me much but my back was slightly hurting so there might be an infection. But didn't give me any antibiotics saying we'd just keep an eye on it. I've been taking oil of oregano, vitamin c and eating 2 garlic cloves a day just in case. If it was an infection would by temperature be higher? Should I blame this increase on anxiety cus I know that it can raise your Temps some.

countrygirl
08-08-15, 17:16
Is this temp with an oral thermometer? I use an ear one and 37.2 is in the normal range for taking it by the ear.

I have in the past taken my temp 4 times a day and I always follow the same pattern, low up to early afternoon then goes up by up to 1 degree until mid evening when it goes down again. This never alters day to day.

It sounds like you have been taking your temp alot if you know that it is normally 36.3, but is this temp stable all day long or do you not know.

Stress and anxiety raises your temp slightly, when I was panicking about a medical problem I had my temp was slightly up all the time and then dropped once I was no longer in a panic.