PDA

View Full Version : Moles

tmckenzie-orr
08-08-15, 17:44
I try so hard not to let them bother me as i have the skin tone where i have probally 200 freckle kinda moles all over my body as quite fair skinned, But earlier was looking at my back which rarely look at and was quite shocked to how many moles i have there lol maybe 100 just on the back lol, some big some small , I had to stop looking as every single mole looked dodgy to me, but nothing sinister but does make you worry i hate it, had to stop looking before i get obsessed which is the worse thing that can happen as sends off the anxiety lol,

Hypo84
08-08-15, 19:41
Why not just go to dermatologist every 6 months for checkup and stop obsessing in the meantime...Seems much more logical...

tmckenzie-orr
08-08-15, 19:57
yeah i suppose, its just i have had them all checked by my doctor who used a torch and said they look ok, and tbh they all look ok, just i worry and i try not to feed the mole anxiety or it sets of the racing heart etc , i would go straight to a dermatogist tomorrow if i thought i had 1 seriously wrong like the scary one that looked like a butterfly i showed 2 doctors and both said its fine, i dont even know why i posted this post haha just had a stupid couple of mins lol

Fishmanpa
08-08-15, 22:22
I think if everyone wrote out their post and waited about an hour before hitting the submit button, the posts on the board would dwindle by at least 50%.

So many times, the OP counters their fear with reasons why it can't be. Many even put the reason in the thread title! i.e. "Irrational" fear of _______. Or they'll start off by saying something like "I know this is crazy BUT...."

I've often responded to a post by saying "Read your OP again". It just seems it's a need for more reassurance which is only a quick fix at best and part of the MO of HA.

Anyway... I think y'all know what I'm saying. Try it though.... next time you're in a spiral. Write out the post and then wait an hour. Re-read it and then decide...

Positive thoughts

tmckenzie-orr
08-08-15, 23:26
That's a good point, like my councellor said in the short term it's great but long term it makes u want to seek more reassurance so it's not good , I gotta give it a go tho I posted the post at my height of anxiety but once I stopped myself being nuts I calmed down and was like why did I even post that lol, I feel so much better in myself I haven't touched no alcohol no fizzy drinks no junk food just nice healthy food and lots of water I feel so much better for it, just my mind now I need to fix and I will be a lot happier person, I am trying to log all peoples post and fixes for them anxiety based of corse, it be good to use a reference point in the future for people

KayeS
08-08-15, 23:36
I'm doing the same at the moment dude.

I've literally bounced from one mole to the next. I worry about one, convince myself it's nothing, then I find another I'm worried about. Sigh... lol

tmckenzie-orr
08-08-15, 23:41
Lol it's crazzzzzzy it's just a obsession I think every mole looks dodgy even on other people lol what is normal , haha, funny people we are lol, I love chopping and changing to throat cancer tonsil cancer mouth cancer them back to skin cancer it's great fun haha #not lol, I cannot wait to get the help I need through cbt and beat this horrible cycle and stop wasting time worrying about things

snowflake293
09-08-15, 09:14
I have a mole obsession. Even with strangers moles, I will sit on the train and look at peoples moles on their necks/faces(!!!) I have probably been to the doctor about 8 or 9 times over various moles this year. Every time it was NOTHING to worry about.

I have pale skin and a lot of irregular (atypical) moles, so the doctor told me to make sure I use a high factor sun protection (which I do anyway, factor 50!) but I am just mindful for changes. However, just be aware that if you are constantly looking at a certain mole or area on your body you might think it is getting bigger (this has happened to me!)

I know how worrying it can be thinking about moles/skin cancer. It is probably my number 1 fear at the moment but I am getting over it! I had a mole on my backside a few months ago and literally went into a meltdown crying in the drs surgery! she took one look at said it was fine :)

It gets easier. I totally understand the mole thing though!

tmckenzie-orr
09-08-15, 09:41
lol we are nuttzzzz, haha, its horrible though when you believe anything is wrong, it sends you into melt down i think best way is try not to look at the mole as soon as u look at it it looks funny or iregular and then booom scary time lol lol

natalie yog
09-08-15, 09:43
My face and body are covered in moles of various sizes and I mean sizes from big ones to tiny ones and from risen ones to flat ones.The only time I ever had a scare was when a mole on my stomach went septic ans this happened when I used to use Sun beds which I stopped using afted this happened. But luckily it turned out to be nothing.
Just make sure on very hot sunny days you use a strong sunscreen and try and stay in the shade at midday when the sun is at it strongest.

tmckenzie-orr
09-08-15, 11:15
yeah i always use factor 50 now when i know its gonna be hot out lol best way haha