PDA

View Full Version : question of concern?

cashbyx
08-08-15, 20:16
19, I quit smoking a month and a half ago after 2 years, I have excersize induced asthma and stopped taking birth control pills about 1 month ago, I have hypothyroidism, I've been having anxiety and panic attacks for the past 3 years and lately I've been having shooting pain under my left breast and pain directly under my collarbone and some bubbling or popping in the bottoms of my ribs. I've gone to the ER twice over this and I've had three DDimer tests and two EKGs that've come back negative and a abdominal ultrasound that also came back negative. a long with the dull achy pain I've been having what started out as a dry cough but now it feels like there's something there when I breathe sometimes and I try to cough it up but can't.

FeelLikeNeo
08-08-15, 20:53
You've had lots of tests. They're very unlikely to miss anything. Maybe the only other test you could have is an x-ray to rule out anything physical making you feel this way.

It's really hard when you have these symptoms. They could be anything and everything, and you'll always presume the worst.

Look at it this way: having any major illness at 19 is exceptionally rare. You know you have anxiety problems. Which is it likely to be - your mind playing its game or this exceptionally rare disease which you've been rigorously tested for and found nothing?

MyNameIsTerry
09-08-15, 10:17
Has your doctor considered the possibility of something impacting on your asthma? Or maybe from it's treatment? That doesn't mean it could be anything serious just that people with asthma sometimes have x-rays to rule things out or can have some fluid buildup. Your doctor could probably work some of that out just by listening to your breathing.