PDA

View Full Version : Please help - bladder problems

Pigeon
09-08-15, 00:47
I am in agony as have constant need to pee. I thought I had uti but have had it just over a week now and symptoms won't go.
I think my wee is a bit cloudy (not sure) and once I go to the loo, I don't seem to be able to relive the urge. Although sometimes when I go, nothing happens. There's no blood as far as I can see. It does hurt when I go but not burning sensation, just pain.

I bought some sachets for cystitis from chemist but they don't seem to be helping. I don't recall having uti before so not sure if symptoms consistent with that.

I have noticed lately that when I excercise, my bladder feels uncomfortable.

I am on verge of diagnosing bladder cancer. Please someone tell me I just have uti and stop me panicking

teapotsister
09-08-15, 03:34
Pigeon, can your GP refer you to a urologist? You could have a kidney infection, kidney stones, or bladder infection. You could even just be dehydrated. If they do an xray, ask for the one with dye. I had an xray and no stones showed up, but passed one they missed. I did not get the xray with dye. Drink lots of water. (I know everyone is telling you that, right!) Try not to have anything acidic, like orange juice or cranberry juice. Even if they tell you to drink cranberry juice, if you are in that much pain, it will make the pain worse. No spicy foods, no caffeine, no alcohol. If you normally drink a lot of coffee or tea, try an over-the-counter migraine medicine with caffeine in it, so that you won't end up with caffeine withdrawals. I hope you see someone who can do an ultra sound and xrays. That way, if it turns out to be something minor, you can relax about it. Until you see a physician, try putting a heating pad over your belly where the pain is. Most important, drink lots of water. Let me know what happens, ok? I have had urinary issues quite often and get tested and nothing. I even had exploratory surgery. They found nothing. But just a few weeks after I had that surgery, I passed a stone and no more pain since. That was back in May.

ricardo
09-08-15, 07:13
Surely the first thing to do is a urine test before one starts rushing off to a urologist.You may just have a small infection, so do a mid stream first thing in the morning sample and hand it in to your doctor's practice.

Leah1971
09-08-15, 07:33
Go to your GP. They'll prescribe antibiotics plus usually get you to do a wee sample that they send off to pathology to check for the bacteria causing the UTI. The antibiotics usually kick in very quickly. Also drink lots of water and if you have a bathtub, sit in a nice warm salted bath. This all helps. UTIs are very unpleasant I know. Try to not jump to the worse case scenario. Get to the doc.

Pigeon
09-08-15, 08:04
Thanks everyone for the advice. I'll call Gp tomorrow for an appointment. Any normal person wouldn't jump to the worse conclusion but I don't seem to be able to be rational these days.

Having said that, I'm not hysterical yet so that's one good thing .

Really appreciate your replies.:)

Pigeon
10-08-15, 14:45
I went to my Gp and you would expect, she diagnosed a Uti, having detected bacteria and traces of blood in my urine sample. She sent it off to the lab to check it wasnt an AB resistant strain and I have a 5 day course of anti-biotics. It was a perfectly routine visit with no concerns on her part at all.

So why am I still worrying? Especially as UTIs are exceptionally common and I understand bladder cancer affects men more than women and usually older ones at that.:shrug:

Because like most people affected by HA, I have only taken notice of the bad things I read, such that Utis can be a symptom of bladder cancer and that it affects people over 50 (I'm 57)

I am so annoyed at myself. If I was reading this, I would think I was completely neurotic (which is true).

Still, writing it all down does seem to help. And if anyone reads this, thanks for listening.

Pigeon
15-08-15, 15:28
I'm sorry to be posting on here again but have just got myself into a panic reading someone else's post about Uti.
She said she had mucous in her urine and had read it's a sign of a rare form of bladder cancer. I noticed a little in mine when I had this infection. I'm really worried now.
Anyone had the same?