PDA

View Full Version : Mouth concerns

RoseEve
09-08-15, 01:09
Hi everyone. I'm not really panicking about this yet anyway. I have a really bad sore throat. I think it might be strep. My whole throat is red but today I felt like there was something stuck to my tongue. When I felt back here I felt a lump. It's on the roof of my mouth towards the back on the right side. It definately just popped up. I feel like it must be related to the sore throat. Anyone ever have this? Should I be worried?

Fishmanpa
09-08-15, 01:48
There's a crud going around. My wife and I both had it. started with a sore throat and turned into an upper respiratory crud with coughing and sinus yuk... Took about two weeks to clear up.

Positive thoughts

MyNameIsTerry
09-08-15, 08:18
How is your son doing, RoseEve? I hope he is winning :hugs:

Is it a lymph node? They inflame when they sense a localised infection as part of the immune system response and all perfectly natural.

RoseEve
09-08-15, 15:23
Thanks Mark. I thought it could be a node as well but I don't know if we have them in the hard palate. I'm not really freaking out because it came on so suddenly. I just hope it goes away because I have no dental insurance and no money at the moment. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. My son is doing great! He hit remission on May 12th. He is finishing the last intensive phase of treatment now and will be starting maintenance in the fall. We still have a long road but he is s happy little boy! Thanks for asking :)

FeelLikeNeo
09-08-15, 15:44
I always get that lump pop up - and panic about it every time! It usually goes within a week or two and you can say hi to it next time you get a throat infection.

tijnug
09-08-15, 20:18
I get that lump on and off. It comes and goes. I have never identified the cause. It's exactly where you described on the hard palate just a little on the right

MyNameIsTerry
10-08-15, 02:22
There are two pairs of lymph nodes above & below the soft palette and some adenoids there too.

I know I've had hard lumps come up in that region too in the past.

I'm really glad to hear that about your son :yesyes: he must make you so proud!

RoseEve
10-08-15, 13:31
Thank everyone! I haven't been this sick in a while. Dare I say I'm feeling better? Praying my son doesn't get it. I am very proud he is a sweet little boy. I'll try to post a picture.