PDA

View Full Version : Is this a fordyce spot? or......

imfineokay
09-08-15, 01:41
This could have always been there without me knowing but one month ago I pressed my tongue against my inner lip and found a single raised spot which has a yellow/fleshy coloured appearence. There is no pain and no itching and it doesn't 'feel' like an ulcer or look like the other ulcers I've been getting recently. I noticed a spot near it but it isn't as raised as the spot I'm talking about. My rational thoughts are telling me that I'm being paranoid AGAIN and I'm once again resisting the urge to google. Does this sound like a fordyce spot or is it just another one of those things that I can just leave? I do have two other ulcers in my mouth currently as I'm writing this and they look a bit different to the spot because my ulcers always look like they have a small black area in the middle and are slightly more raised. Can I just leave it and relax? I really can't be asked o go back to the docs as I've already been so many times recently about so many different things and I already know that virtually no teenagers get mouth ca.... At my age.

---------- Post added at 01:39 ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 ----------

fordyce spots can be single or only in a group of two right?

---------- Post added at 01:41 ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 ----------

Btw sorry for such frequent posting, I am just addicted to reassurence :(

Fishmanpa
09-08-15, 01:49
Time to try breaking the habit :whistles:

Positive thoughts

Zim
09-08-15, 02:20
Yeah. In all likelihood, you're making a whole lot of something out of nothing as we all do, don't get me wrong. Our mouths often have small raised areas, fleshy bumps and ulcers as these can be caused by many different factors but nobody has a perfect mouth and that's just life. Check any mouth of a person that you know and you will notice imperfections. It's the same with and body part really. As humans, we are not symmetrical. We are not perfect.

I agree with Fishmanpa. If you're addicted to receiving reassurance, you should try asking for it less. It will prove difficult but it'll be worth it in the long run.

Good luck.

imfineokay
09-08-15, 02:28
Yep you are all right about this. It's getting ridiculous and I gotta break this habit. Thanks.