PDA

View Full Version : hangover from hell and anxiety

fruity
09-08-15, 10:31
I went out last night. and when I got back just after 1am. I was ill. being sick,shaking,crying,dizzy. ect..... I didn,t go to bed till 4am. I had me a bit of dry bread to see if it would help. not realy it didn,t. woke up getting on for 9am. and got bad hangover and I got my anxietys because im scared if I collapse or something. I had me a coffee and dry bread when I got up. and now drinking pop more water than pop. my heads bad,swaying,queesy ect... anybody know what may help

tmckenzie-orr
09-08-15, 11:14
yes i know the feeling hence why im off the drink for a long time, its not worth it it mixes your emmotions and makes u depressed, Its horrible just drink lots of water stay of coffee, just water water and more water

Rennie1989
09-08-15, 11:17
You're hungover. This is what happens when you drink too much. Nothing serious or unusual is happening to you. Alcohol and anxiety really do not mix so it is best to either cut down on alcohol or abstain from it all together. Keep drinking water and eat regularly and you'll feel better soon.

fruity
09-08-15, 11:27
thank you for your replies.

Leah1971
09-08-15, 12:44
Yep, alcohol and anxiety don't get on. At all. For me, a drink is fine, but def not too much more. A hangover is 100% guaranteed to bring on panic attacks and general anxiety. Try to get your electrolytes up. Gatorade and drinks like that can help. Keep sipping on plain water too. And lots of rest.

tijnug
09-08-15, 14:23
Also avoid coffee. It sometimes aggravates anxiety and dehydration which might be cause of all the alcohol.

FeelLikeNeo
09-08-15, 15:12
Hangovers play hell with my anxiety, especially since my hangovers can last a day or two and be really bad. They make you weak, muscles and organs hurt, slow heart beat, headaches, nauseous, no appetite, dehydrated (obviously)... they're terrible.

Hopefully around now you're feeling a bit more human. Grab something decent to eat if you can manage it and have a sleep. The good thing with a hangover is that you know it'll end!

Fishmanpa
09-08-15, 15:15
Yep... another case in point along with the replies that again backs my thoughts on the subject of alcohol and anxiety.

Positive thoughts

GingerFish
09-08-15, 16:53
My anxiety used to be terrible with a hangover, so I stopped drinking full stop for a few months. I recently started drinking every so often again but luckily my anxiety is ok now with a hangover. When I was at my worst with anxiety filled hangovers though, the best thing I found was to eat something as soon as I got up because low blood sugar can make any anxious feeling ten times worse. I also drank as much water or diluting juice as I could. I found that laying in bed for too long only made me worse as I would lie there and over think so I would go for a hot bath and then go on my exercise bike for 5/10 mins. It always made me feel a lot better. After maybe around 2/3pm my anxiety would most lift, the morning of a hangover was definitely the worst.

sial72
09-08-15, 22:22
When I was young my anxiety was soooo bad after drinking that I gave up drinking all together 15 years ago

fruity
10-08-15, 10:21
WOW what can I say. great posts from all of you. your the type of people I need in my life. your so positive. and I thank you. yestaday tea time I felt better but by the night felt a little sick but passed. I feel a bit better this morning. but I have got my anxietys. nothing new there is there. thank you again. xxx

swajj
10-08-15, 10:49
I'm a social drinker and have never had any alcohol related anxiety problems. If I did then I wouldn't drink at all.

---------- Post added at 19:19 ---------- Previous post was at 19:16 ----------

If you have a few drinks then you should make sure you drink lots of water before you go to bed. It will help combat your hangover.