PDA

View Full Version : breathing, chest pressure

Pet59
09-08-15, 13:01
Hi All,
just wondering if any of you have ever woken up with a pressure on your chest. The best way I can describe it is that i have woken up as if i have forgotten to breathe, so with a start. Once I am awake, it feels like there is a pressure on my chest, I get palpitations and then I have to settle myself and control my breathing. I was recently told I have high cholesterol and need to lose weight and do exercise to bring it down so my irrational mind kicks in and tells me that one of my arteries is blocked and I am going to have a heart attack etc etc. In my calmer moments, I think that it is a night time panic attack but then to try and relax before going to sleep is difficult as I am afraid in case it happens again - a vicious circle.

Has this happened to anyone before? Thanks

---------- Post added at 13:01 ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 ----------

no one?

sial72
09-08-15, 13:22
This has happened to me many many times.
It's horrible! Every time it happened I thought I was dying!! I would get it a few nights in a row, be terrified of going to sleep, then I would be so fed up that I would think, well if it happens it happens and it disappears. Then it might not happen for a year and then it happens again. Night time panics, nasty xx