PDA

View Full Version : Slow heart beat

kath138
09-08-15, 17:29
Hi all not been on for a while but I have recently been experiencing a very slow heart beat. It only seems to happen at night and it actually wakes me up! I take a statin at night and wondered if this could be the cause, having said that I have been on the same statin for about 6 months. I also take Mertazpine 30mg which is an anti-depressant.

I take Bisporol in the morning and Telmasartin which is a similar tablet for controlling high blood pressure. My blood pressure on the last check (about 1 month ago) was fine. But I have noticed my ankles and feet swelling up, the Bisporol is and was controlling this. I know that I have had heart failure in the past but it seemed to be ok until about 2 weeks ago when my problem of slow heart beat and ankle swelling reared up. I can't really say it's palpitations I have had them in the past, this is a different feeling altogether and it's very scary, it feels like the old ticker is going to stop!! I will be checking with the doc but just wondered if anybody else has had similar and the outcome.
Thanks for reading. :scared15:

iwantpeace
09-08-15, 18:06
if it is below 40 bpm you should go visit your doctor to make suer everything is ok.