PDA

View Full Version : Sensory ocd bowel function

zx123
09-08-15, 19:18
Hi,
A few months ago I had the experience of needing to use the bathroom while on a long bus butbeing unable to do so and having to hold on for a prolonged period of time.
Ever since that time I have developed a preoccupation with my bowel functions and a fear of losingcontrol of my bowels. I think it is a form of sensory ocd.
As a way of dealing with this fear I have developed coping strategies to try make sure that I can minimise the possibility of losing control of my bowels. As part of this obsession whenever I go somewhere I have to go to the bathroom just to check and make sure that my bowels are empty. I also strain when I use the bathroom just to make sure that my bowels are empty. When I use the bathroom to check I find that I don't really need to use the bathroom and I don't need to have a bowel movement. As time has gone on I have noticed that this behaviour has increased and become obsessional but I find it hard to stop doing it.

This behaviour has started to effect my life and I want to stop it before it gets any worse but I don't know how to.I have been thinking of getting counselling but I know it is expensive. Please could somebody advise me how I can deal with this?
Thanks