PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I am worried about carbon monoxide posioning

Kate_
09-08-15, 19:37
Hello everyone, my name is Kate. I'm 19 and am studying English Lit at university in Birmingham.

I have had anxiety for at least two years now, but I think I have had a low level of anxiety for a lot of my life.

I have had a lot of scary symptoms and have thought I was ill a lot, as well as fearing social situations, the future and things generally going wrong.

I am fairly paranoid about things I think, but I never can tell if I am being rational or not.

Most recently I am worrying about CO poisoning.

I have been getting terrible headaches recently, bad sickness, dizziness and tiredness even when I get enough sleep. These symptoms do occur outside of the house I am currently renting a room in (for the summer) but seem to get worse when I get back home... although I am not sure on this!

Today I purchased two carbon monoxide alarms and one has been setting on my dresser for the past 3 or so hours and has not gone off.

Yet I am still panicking!
1) I am worried the CO monitor is not picking up on CO (all my windows are wide open!) and I am slowly being poisoned.
2) I am worried the levels are below 50ppc so the alarm is not sounding but still I will die.
3) I am worried I perhaps put the monitor in the wrong place or that it is faulty!

The CO monitors cost £23 reduced from £28 and came in a twin pack. It was from argos and has all the kitemarks and safety stamps but I am still so worried!

If anyone can give me some advice I would be very grateful. And once again it is nice to meet everyone. I have read quite a few threads already but never made an account. This website has been so helpful to be and I hope to make some nice friends who might also understand what panic is like and hopefully help some people out as well. :)

---------- Post added at 19:37 ---------- Previous post was at 19:33 ----------

Oh I forgot to mention that the dog my landlady has seems fine!
And I am too scared to ask my landlady but she has not complained of any headaches to me (although she might feel ill still I do not know).
She seems like a very organised and sensible person but still I am not sure and panicking :(

venusbluejeans
09-08-15, 19:39
Hiya Kate_ and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Kate_
09-08-15, 19:41
Hiya Kate_ and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Hiya :)

Thank you, I definitely will they look great! :yesyes: