PDA

View Full Version : Low platelets petechie etc :(

puzzledlass
10-08-15, 08:38
I posted about this awhile ago, about my boyfriend having low platelets. This was discovered when he had his yearly check up and mentioned the petechia he had.

The doc made him have monthly blood tests for a few months, the last she said was platelets were stable and retesting 6/12 months. He's due to have the next one (last was in Jan) and I'm freaking out! Keep thinking they're gonna be worse, or all his bloods will be Wack, keep thinking leukaemia or lymphoma and terrified!

He has to have cbc, urea, lipids and diabetes test :(

countrygirl
10-08-15, 11:11
IF there was any indication in the previous blood resutls that this could be due to a blood cancer he would have been whizzed for more tests very fast. There are red flag results for nasties that make them rush to do more in depth testing in hospital and your boyfriend obviously does not have any of these. There are alot of not very serious reasons for dodgy results which is why they keep on testing to be sure nothing changes to make them worried.

I have a friend who always has very dodgy liver test results but his liver is fine, its just him.

puzzledlass
11-08-15, 03:37
I'm trying to stick to the good things here, like what you mentioned above. I am trying to train my mind to be more like "hey,whatever happens we will tackle it" but then the sneaky anxiety comes in and fills my head with the doc calling and saying "come in right away, you have leukaemia, kidney failure etc". I find myself feeling weak and short of breath because I can only picture him dying. :(

puzzledlass
12-08-15, 05:18
BF had bloods taken this morning. Now I wait. I say I wait because he's not bothered!

puzzledlass
13-08-15, 05:41
Still waiting on results. He got one lot back which was for cholesterol same day, nothing about others.

He won't call of course.

I'm so anxious about it as all I can think is cancer. I am shaky, cried in the GPs office this morning, just not coping at all. Would go so far as to say this is the very worst I have felt in a long time.

RoseEve
13-08-15, 21:20
If your bf has leukemia his other blood counts would be off as well. They also would have called him by now. They called me right away. Leukemia is not something that would go unnoticed. He is fine.

puzzledlass
14-08-15, 01:34
BF called doctors and his doctor was away today and they won't give him any results until Monday! Queue panic attack, bad enough I don't go to work.

RoseEve
14-08-15, 03:12
Well that should be more reassuring. If it were cancer believe me they would have called.

puzzledlass
14-08-15, 13:22
I wish that were true, but last time doc took ages to get in touch. Doctors here don't seem to be in any rush.