PDA

View Full Version : My entire abdomen bounce with my heartbeat, scared!!!

Leslie735
10-08-15, 13:51
On Saturday night I was laying in my bathtub (Been trying to take hot baths to help me relax) and I noticed my entire abdomen was bouncing, I immediately thought it was a muscle twitch I tried not to give it much attention thought it would go away. I later noticed that night when I was laying in my bed. Then again yesterday. I figured out its not a twitch it's my heart beat. I calmed down until I decided to google heart beat in your stomach. Uggggh! Abdominal aortic aneurysm came up. Its sutttle, I can't feel it, only see it. Its constant so I'm 100% sure it's my heart beat. I wonder if it's always been there and never noticed before. Its like my diaphragm is beating and its causing my entire torso so lightly bounce like a heartbeat. If I place my phone on my upper stomach it lightly bounces up and down with my heart beat. Its freaking me out!!!

Female healthanxiety
10-08-15, 14:00
Hello

Don't worry I get this everyday while in the bath (I'm female and 30) have had all the heart checks under the sun!

When we have high anxiety we will notice this all the time, I even see it in my wrist!

It is just your heart beat and will not do any harm.

I too have put objects on my stomach and they have reacted exactly to the beats.

Try and not worry event friend has the same thing.

Try some meditation on your phone when your feeling anxious xx

Leslie735
10-08-15, 14:09
Thank you for your reply. I'm also female and 30. ;)

I'm glad to hear others have it too. Its freaking me out!

meche
10-08-15, 14:53
I get this too although I don't know if I've always had it or if it's a random thing. I noticed it whilst lying in the bath one day & it looked really strange. I don't recall being overly anxious or worried about anything. I noticed it again when I was on holiday a few weeks ago when lying on the sunbed. I don't feel unwell either physically or mentally so I can only put it down to being 'normal' for me..... whatever that is :wacko:!! xx

misskittie
10-08-15, 17:43
I get this all day every day it's just my pulse. I freaked when I first noticed it and went to the Dr's and he did and ultrasound of my aorta to make me happy. But he did explain that it usually happens in males that are really old. He said they don't even bother screening older women because it is that uncommon for us.

Hypo
10-08-15, 21:07
I get this is a hot bath as well :)

wnsos
10-08-15, 22:50
Hi there, I first noticed this last year and it was what kicked off my health anxiety, so I'll let you know firsthand: it's totally normal. :hugs:

mnaha
25-03-16, 02:02
Does anyone know anything about how this went?

Fishmanpa
25-03-16, 02:28
Does anyone know anything about how this went?

This member was logged onto the forum today so I would have to assume all is well.

Positive thoughts

mnaha
25-03-16, 02:32
Thanks Fishmanpa.. I did a search and holy cow.. so many many people fear this but it says unless you are over 60 and a white male and smoked and history of high blood pressure you are gonna bite it.. because of this.. Always the same thing on everything that could be wrong with you .. over 60 ,white ,previous smoker or smoker and history of high blood pressure you are probably gonna have this. I just hate these jokers that come up with this diagnosis as to who will get this.. Just not right..oh well guess we all die of something .

Fishmanpa
25-03-16, 02:48
oh well guess we all die of something .

Exactly... I just go about my life the best I can. I truly do live by my signature. I eat (right), treat myself occasionally, I enjoy a libation (one) once in a while with a good meal, I truly enjoy my work (I have a gig tomorrow night), I'm thankful each day for the blessings in my life. I live, love my wife and family and I seek out and do the things that bring me joy and happiness to the best of my ability. I've faced death three times in the last 9 years and I'm still here so I'm going to take advantage of that!

When I go, I go and I strive to not have "what ifs"... The worst "what ifs" are the things we didn't do or missed out on due to the fear. The way I see it is we all know how to swim at this point in our lives. The worst that can happen if we jump off the edge is we get a little wet. That's why we have towels in the linen closet ;) "What ifs" are meaningless... That's really chasing the wind!

Positive thoughts

mnaha
25-03-16, 03:03
You are a great inspiration to all of us.Thank you so much and this post is really beautiful. Wish we could wave a magic wand over us and we all adjust our attitude the same way you have.. Thank you so much for being here and helping us all.

Leslie735
28-03-16, 04:33
I forgot I ever made this thread. I ended up finding out it was just my heart beat causing it and its completely normal. :)

Lin71
28-03-16, 09:11
It's just your aorta. Pretty big blood vessel...some people can't see it, but many can, especially if your lying down and/or are slightly built.

It's just proof that your heart's beating. The time to worry is if it stops.

Lin x