PDA

View Full Version : Why do bad things keep happening to me

koala
10-08-15, 16:47
Was driving home in the rain and my windscreen wipers just broke on me when I went to change their speed. Feeling panicy as I start a new job tomorrow and I NEED my car to get there and my mechanic isn't answering his phone. I am already feeling extremely nervous about starting the job and this is the last thing I need especially as my car only had its mot last week.

I hate myself right now. If I haven't of change the speed they would still be working and I would not have this problem.

I also can't help but feel that I am cursed as things like this keep happening. In the last 6 months if had to get a new exhaust and had 2 punctures. Why does bad luck keep following me around? Why do these things never happen to anyone else... Always me. I don't wish bad things on others but surely I am well overdue some good luck. I have been trying so hard lately to get myself out of the rut I'm stuck in and to think positively but every time it looks like I'm getting somewhere something else bad happens. I can't go on like this any longer.

---------- Post added at 16:47 ---------- Previous post was at 16:07 ----------

My worst nightmare has come true. My mechanic can't fix it till tomorrow. No one is able to give me a lift and my only option is to get the bus which takes over an hour and makes me feel panicy and sick. I'm not going to be able to this. My clients will hate me cos they have turned up and paid for a class and iv not turned up to teach them and no one else will be there to take the class. My boss will hate me and instantly sack me for letting her down and everything I have worked so hard for will get taken away from me. I can't breathe and feel sick.

anxiousrob
10-08-15, 16:59
Hey... Easier said than done but take some deep breaths and try to relax..

Be positive.

1. You wont need the wipers tomorrow as the sun will shine just in time for your new job.

2. The wipers have broken yes, but they can be mended, you didn't break them by changing the speed. They just broke, but can be fixed

3. Your new job will go well, and tomorrow night you may well be laughing to yourself.

It will all work out, tomorrow is another day, a better day.

koala
10-08-15, 17:29
I really hope tomorrow is a better a day cos today has been rubbish! Thanks for the advice :) I really appreciate it :)