PDA

View Full Version : New with Anxiety and pnd

JoJo24
06-02-07, 00:26
Hi,

New to the forum and thought id introduce myself.

My names jo and im 24 yrs old, have a 8 month old baby boy and have just been diagnosed with Postnatal Depression, suffering more on the anxiety and panic side then the depression.

I have suffered with anxiety and panic since i was 18 but never this severe that it takes over my daily functions, i have seen the doctor and she advised tablets so i am on Citalopram. I have taken these before and know they work for anxiety but last time had to come off them after 6 weeks as i was pregnant so hopefully this time i will take them a little longer and hopefully finally beat this. I have recently undertaken CBT sessions but found that my councilor gave me more hand outs to do on my own than any real advise so i am strugling along but there are some very good tips to learn from cbt.

Been on tabs 4 days now and the side effects are ok - ish (well im coping which is a change to last week!!)

Thanks
Jo

Joe1981
06-02-07, 03:24
Hi Jo! Welcome to the forum! People here are great and feel free to ask as many questions as you'd like :)

chellebelle
06-02-07, 06:43
Hi Jo,

I'm 24 too, nice age! :) Welcome to the forum, this has been a life-saver for me. Everybody is so kind and I get so much reassurance from people. Good luck and I'll see you out in the posts!

"This too shall pass"

manmoor
06-02-07, 07:59
Hi Jo,

A big warm welcome to you.

"When There Was Only One It Was Then That I Carried You."

honeybee3939
06-02-07, 08:51
Hi Jo

And a BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice while making new friends on the way.:D

Take a look at the first step pages also Jo you may find them of interest.

First Steps:
First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Love

Andrea
xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

sandlin
07-02-07, 22:57
Hi Jo

welcome, at least you've been diagnosed and are getting some help with your PND. I bet your baby helps just by smiling , laughing etc.
THIS IS A GREAT PLACE TO FIND AND IM SURE YOU'LL FIND IT VERY USEFUL.

LINDA XX

larko
08-02-07, 01:41
Hi

trac67
08-02-07, 13:53
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'

wobily_lin
08-02-07, 16:06
elo,

welcome to the site..great support n advice here..glad ta hav ya onboard..x

Take care,
Lin xxx
"Fear is dat lil darkroom, wer negatives r developed", so positive thoughts okies!!!!!

JoJo24
09-02-07, 16:28
Hi Siobhan,

glad to see im not alone, im on day 6 of the tabs now and a couple of days ago had quite a sever panic attack but know it was the tabs taking effect but other than that im ok. Still feeling a little anxious but hey its better than how i felt b4 the medication! Im also rereading my cbt notes and self help tasks each day and alot of talking to myself out loud (i know, i know, im mad!!! lol) but it seems to be helping! I supose you'll do anything if it helps at this stage! Am due back to the docs next week so hopeully he will refer me to counciling.

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi jo,

im 24 in two weeks so i also agree its a very good age :). And also like you Ive been prescribed Citalopram although Im only on day two. The only side effect ive had is finding it difficult to sleep.
I also suffer from anxiety, so I know where your coming from. If your ever want to chat let me know.

Siobhan

<div align="right">Originally posted by larko - 08 February 2007 : 01:41:37</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

JoJo24
09-02-07, 16:31
Hey guys,

Day 6 of the tabs and there working! Not enormously but im heaps better still a bit anxious but soon that should pass (having faith in the meds)....

Thanks for all your lovely messages of support! Its such reasurance in moments of weakness!

Hope your all ok and going strong and remember there is hope for everyone and if you want to beat this you will fight it all the way!!!!

Jo

manmoor
10-02-07, 12:10
Hi Jo,

A big warm welcome to you.

"When There Was Only One It Was Then That I Carried You."

nomorepanic
10-02-07, 14:22
Hi Jo

A warm welcome aboard.

Hope we can be of some help to you.

Nicola