PDA

View Full Version : Unexplained bruises - panicking

white1989
10-08-15, 16:43
Hi,

I have noticed about 4 small bruises on the back of my right calf, I don't recall banging my leg at all so they seem completely unexplained! I'm absolutely terrified that it could be leakemia, or something serious? I've looked on google and seen that unexplained bruising can be a symptom of this! I do suffer with terrible anxiety, I'm permanently shattered and feel like I just want to crawl back to bed all day/every day. I was in hospital for headaches in May and had some blood tests done which were all clear, but could something have developed since then? I'm not sure what else can cause unexplained bruising as well as being constantly shattered. Please someone reassure me away from thinking the worst!

meche
10-08-15, 16:54
I get big whoppers of bruises! I only have to knock myself slightly and I look like I've been in an accident. Sometimes I don't even know how I get them. I don't have leukemia! I used to suffer from immense headaches for months on end and I live to tell the tale. A sympton of anxiety. Being shattered is another symptom of anxiety (I've been there) and your mind will runaway with you & make you think all sorts. You need to find ways to focus away from your anxiety. You'll be absolutely fine. xx

white1989
10-08-15, 17:25
hi meche,

thank you so much for your message. I suppose it is possible that my anxiety and persistent worrying causes my exhaustion (not a day goes by when I'm not worrying about my body) I just wish there was an 'off' button in our heads to stop all of this! thank you for your support xx

---------- Post added at 17:25 ---------- Previous post was at 17:22 ----------

Also, have you any methods/self help that you used to use to help control your anxiety? Once I start getting any symptoms (breathing difficulty, headaches, chest pain, ectopic heart beats to name a few) I just simply cannot focus on anything else and completely convince myself that I'm going to die. I'd love some advise on any self-help methods that anyone may have used that I could try! thanks in advance xx