PDA

View Full Version : HEALTH ANXIETY - ruling my life

nayia
10-08-15, 17:55
Hi, I'm Nayia, I have horrendous health anxieties
I can think the deepest, darkest worst case scenario if I believe I have something that there is no reasoning. It's all or nothing.
I have had breast and ovarian cancer scares and I didn't eat, locked myself away and couldn't function.
I have a diagnosis of General Anxiety Disorder and I am waiting for therapy re my health anxiety.
My current worry is because I have had a smear test, on the Friday and I am so scared of the results I cannot stop googling anything and everything about it.
I never used to care about this test but for some reason this time I feel more terrified. Now I think I have cervical cancer.
I haven't been sexually active for over 3 years and when I was sexually active (I have only had two sexual partners and I was a late starter) all my tests came back normal.
However, I have now got it into my head that I am seriously ill and this is exasperated my IBS (two years of it, sensitive stomach) and sudden lower back pain.
Is anyone else this worried or this crazy in their thinking?
Thanks, Nayia

GoWhiteSox
11-08-15, 16:28
welcome..this is a great place for support...
first thing to share with you is that googling is BAD...its hard not to but try your hardest not to do it..it will never ever ever make you feel better

Hypo84
11-08-15, 16:48
The worst thing you can do ever is Googling...trust me on this. If you have any concern, and I mean any, it's better to ask question here and you will be told to see doctor if necessary.

nayia
11-08-15, 17:19
Hello guys,

Yes, I know, googling is the worst place for someone with HA to even look at.

Yet, in some sort of sadomasochistic way we cant help ourselves. It is part of the black and white no grey matter of it all.

This isn't a forum about just asking questions and suggesting to see a doctor but a place where people can join and support one another.

Thanks, Nayia