PDA

View Full Version : is there hope for health anxiety sufferers?

nayia
10-08-15, 18:03
Hi all,

I have had breast and ovarian cancer scares and I didn't eat, locked myself away and couldn't function.
I have a diagnosis of General Anxiety Disorder and I am waiting for therapy re my health anxiety.
My current worry is because I have had a smear test, on the Friday and I am so scared of the results I cannot stop googling anything and everything about it.
I never used to care about this test but for some reason this time I feel more terrified. Now I think I have cervical cancer.
I haven't been sexually active for over 3 years and when I was sexually active (I have only had two sexual partners and I was a late starter) all my tests came back normal.
However, I have now got it into my head that I am seriously ill and this is exasperated my IBS (two years of it, sensitive stomach) and sudden lower back pain.
Is anyone else this wo:weep:rried or this crazy in their thinking?
Thanks, Nayia

Katharsis
11-08-15, 14:38
Well yes, I worry myself into this almost insane state every day. I always find a trigger that put me back into a worrying cycle. I live in constant fear and actual physical pain because of it. However I do believe there is hope. There is always hope. You just have to take an active approach towards resolving your anxiety issues.