PDA

View Full Version : I have no idea what to call this thread

tommackent88
10-08-15, 19:08
Hi,

I have a very tough week ahead and I'm petrified. I've taken a diazepam (2mg) to calm myself down. I'm likely to need another 2-4mg first thing in the morning.

(Background: big anxiety problem, recently increased venlafaxine to 150mg, on mirtazapine 30mg, propranolol 120mg, having regular CBT)

What I'd like to know is whether the diazepam I take tomorrow morning will have the same effect as it does this evening? I know all the facts about dependency and tolerance etc but how many times, over what period, will effects become reduced?

Thanks

T

23tana
10-08-15, 19:18
Diazepam are highly addictive and usually only given short term. If you take them as your doc has prescribed, the effect should be the same each time.

sial72
10-08-15, 20:48
Diazepam does cause dependancy and tolerance issues. These vary from person to person but are fairly quick. If I am not mistaken they are only supposed to be prescribed for periods of 2-3 weeks, no longer.
I went through Diazepam withdrawal and all I can say is try to take them very very occasionaly because it is not nice (understatement of the century!)

---------- Post added at 19:48 ---------- Previous post was at 19:47 ----------

Having said that, don't be concerned about taking tonight and tomorrow