PDA

View Full Version : Dizzy when turning my head around?! worry myself SICK

Katharsis
10-08-15, 19:24
Ok I know I've just recently started a thread but I noticed something new. I get a slight attack of dizziness when I turn my head around or from side to side quickly.
And of course I am now FREAKING out.

Anyone else has this? Do you know the reasons?

Munchlet
10-08-15, 19:52
I sometimes get this it's a form of Vertigo can't remember what it's called but know it's got Post and Benign Vertigo in the title.

It's when you get a dizzy nauseous feeling by moving your head too quickly or sometimes it can be just moving your eyes too fast.

It's really common and it normally just goes away by itself I think it can be caused by fluid trapped in your middle ear especially if you've had a cold or allergies.

Anyway I've had it on and off for years and don't worry about it anymore. I did go to the Dr once as it kept happening over a course of weeks and they said it was a viral infection and gave me some tablets which really helped.

Don't worry it's really common.

countrygirl
11-08-15, 07:27
Benign positional vertigo is as it says, you move your head and go dizzy. Its most common with people in bed at night and they go very dizzy when they turn over. Only your Gp can diagnose what it is but if its BPV it usually resolves itself in time. As has been said a viral infection of the ear can cause dizziness but then so can tense neck muscles as these send messages to your inner ear. If your dizziness is slight only on moving your head then neck is a consideration as well.

If it does not resolve itself in a week or so or gets much worse then you would be sensible to see the Dr to check for ear infections etc.

Katharsis
11-08-15, 14:30
Thanks very much to both for replying. After some research, I think it stems from my neck as I also have tension headaches and stuff and tense neck and shoulder muscles. Well hopefully it is that.

Greenman50
11-08-15, 21:58
Yea had this as well , never worried me ( something that didn,t thats rare for me )

Fluid in the ears only temp the doc said it came and went over many years i,m still here !

It was worse getting up from lieing down felt like the room was proper spinning for 22 seconds then it sorted itself .

Not had it for years but it was pre anxiety days so i know what it is anyway .

x