PDA

View Full Version : Hello!!

Njoy704
10-08-15, 20:30
Glad I found this forum. I have pretty bad health anxiety. Keeps me up wired most nights with cold feet, fast heart rate, and nausea. Which in turn makes me feel like something is severely wrong with me. My anxiety has caused a bit of strain in my marriage and relationships with others because I'm always worried I'm dying over minor symptoms and it's all I can talk about. Im constantly on Google looking up symptoms and everything I find leads me to some serious disease. Im on my phone so much that it's given me carpal tunnel... well, at least I think it's carpal tunnel (that's my health anxiety and Google research talking). I was never like this before until I had a son who was recently diagnosed with autism. And since then I've been so worried about dying... mainly because I don't want to leave my special needs boy. He needs me and him believing I've abandoned him (since he doesn't fully understand the concept of death) breaks my heart in a million pieces. So here I am, looking for others like me and found this forum. I'm glad I've found a place where I can express my feelings and worries without being judged .

venusbluejeans
10-08-15, 20:36
Hiya Njoy704 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Mark13
11-08-15, 20:49
Hi. Welcome aboard. You've certainly found a good place to be.

I'm sure you'll find lots of support here, as I have.

sial72
11-08-15, 21:16
Hi Njoy
My health anxiety started when my daughter was born and went wild when we discovered she has congenital heart disease...so, yes, I so totally understand you.
Now, first of all, if you want to get better DO NOT GOOGLE, I know we go to Google for reassurance but we NEVER get it, so from no on only NMP for reassurance ;-) xxx