PDA

View Full Version : Back here again cancer worry ...

Greenman50
10-08-15, 21:16
Hi all

I really hope you guys are doing well , ive been fine for 5 years on citralaprm 20 mg cut down to 10 mg 6 month ago .

Had a shite year , bad cough for 6 months thought it was cancer but blood pressure meds causeing it (ace inhibiters) , then other problems mostly sorted but had a sore tongue for 3 weeks ? ...and the DR mentioned getting it checked at the dentist they know better apparently :shrug:

He mentioned a small lesion .....i made the mistake of googling it .

It comes the "might be you know what "

He mentioned "fast tracking" to the Hospital then he said he thought it was nothing let the dentist look they know more about these things :shrug:

Had a tooth filled near the sore 2 weeks ago and the dentist asked me to point to where the pain was on my tongue looked and said nothing just re filled the tooth :shrug:

Not wanting to sound rude / racist but the language barrier was terrible she could speak english but not explain herself and with an ear infection in both ears i was also struggling to hear properly .

So ....back to the dentist in 9 days ...drs in 2 weeks for other issues (which dont worry me ).

Can i ask you ladies and gents if i have bit / damaged my tongue when should it heal roughly ?

Normally i can now ride things out without going into panic mode but being ill on and off since February the anxiety is back and so is the related depresion they go hand in hand with me .

I feel like i need to grow a pair .....why worry when i don,t even know anything yet i thought i had beat this but my life is alcholol and missed days at work i simply can,t cope at the moment and don,t seem to care as long as i,m pissed .....i want my life back but feel lost.

Any words of wisdom or a simple kick up the arse would be appreciated ,

For gods sake there are millions of people worse off than me that cope i feel pathethic

countrygirl
11-08-15, 07:22
I know from experience that tongues can take up to a month or more to heal and stop hurting. I have both burned my tongue and abraided it with sharp food and was amazed at how long it took to stop hurting.

BP pills are well known for causing an awful cough its just a shame that it generally takes ages for Drs to agree its the tablets by which time you have been coughing and worrying.

I hope you can get help in addressing your excessive alcohol intake as this will only add to your worries about related cancers.

Sorry i can't be more helpful.

tmckenzie-orr
11-08-15, 08:14
Alcohol will only play on your fears of cancer and it will irritate your tounge and not let it heal, so stop drinking as of today it is not helping you , if your drinking alcohol and stuff it will keep your bite or sore on your tounge irated so it's a vicious circle

Greenman50
11-08-15, 08:48
Thanks for the replies .

I will try to pack in the alcohol today but when the fear strikes its the only thing that stops the panic but i know your right i should not drink i was doing very well untill this tongue thing :weep:

Greenman50
11-08-15, 22:17
Epic fail on no alcohol ( again) .

I,ve been told a private "Bupa" look at my tongue would be about £100 ?

It will be worth it to me for peace of mind , i,m not rich only working class but its going to cost me a fortune if i,m off work with depression and anxiety like 5 years ago .

As they say in a mans world " i need to grow a pair " i hate this anxiety / depression ruling my life at the moment this time its in for the fight of its life it wont leave me in the house for 3 months sweating on the couch crying like last time and robbing my family of our income ...i,m ready this time .

Hows that for positive thinking .

Thanks again

countrygirl
11-08-15, 22:25
Keep trying with the alcohol, its not really helping you with the panic its like putting a sticking plaster on a broken arm, seems to make you feel better but actually pretty useless for what you are using it for!

Instead come on here and pour out your worries, you can always message me as well and I bet others would help too.

You won't let yourself get back to the dark place previously - no you won't:lac:

Greenman50
11-08-15, 22:37
Keep trying with the alcohol, its not really helping you with the panic its like putting a sticking plaster on a broken arm, seems to make you feel better but actually pretty useless for what you are using it for!

Instead come on here and pour out your worries, you can always message me as well and I bet others would help too.

You won't let yourself get back to the dark place previously - no you won't:lac:

Thanks again :hugs:

I,m on water now i,ve been told many times about the alcohol and your right the quick fix is useless unless you carry on drinking and then the anxiety hits you like a sledge hammer in the morning worse than ever :weep:

.....then you drink again to mask everything :huh:

I,ve never drank as much or so early in the day ever and i was doing so well for years .

Thanks again

x

Greenman50
19-08-15, 18:26
Hi all

Thought i would update .

The lady dentist i went back to today , she was very helpful and i could tell what she was saying it was my ears fully blocked last time ( now sorted with otex full kit diy ) .

I,ve forgotten what she said she thought it was a " otis something " :unsure:

Anyway another tooth filed down and i have to wait 2 weeks and go back see if its healing / any better / worse etc ...

If its not improving its a referal to the Hospital just as a precaution but she said no need for concern as it looks like a injury on my teeth or food .

What more can i do , its not worth stressing for 2 weeks and any outcome will still remain ......

Hows that for being positive !

Greenman50
02-09-15, 12:31
Update ......in case it helps other members .

Just got back and the large white patch she was concerned about ( glad she never mentioned large white patch at the time :ohmy:) , has now gone .

My tongue looks the same on both sides and she says nothing to be concerned about .......tongue rubbing on fillings caused it .

My tongue on the l/h side is still sore which she can,t explain but said to forget about and feel free to get in touch anytime for another look .

I hope i can draw a line under this now when the soreness goes .

thanks members

Fishmanpa
02-09-15, 12:43
Glad to hear all is well. I think you can draw that line now IMO :)

Positive thoughts