PDA

View Full Version : head rush/right side of neck pressure, lightheaded

scorpion91
10-08-15, 22:37
Since April, I've had a mixture of head rushes, right side of neck pressure, and lightheaded sensations and a "fatigue" feeling.

I went to my PCP and she had ordered an EKG at the office. It was sinus arrythmia but she said it wasn't serious to go to the ER but she did refer me to a cardio doc.

I did go to an ER for these similar "attacks" last November. I felt like I has having a stroke or heart attacks feelings during that time. EKG showed right axis deviation; blood work was okay except for an elevated Creatine(CK) around the 600 range. The ER doc had asked me if I had been drinking cafeine or exercising hard recently, I said yes. There was no signs of stroke or heart attack at that time.

I went in May to a cardio doc. He ordered a stress and echo and they came out okay except for a tachy with anxiety. He did give me a script for a beta blocker as needed, but I'm hestiant to take it. I'm afraid of taking it, and I have some side effect and I have some heart attack.

These feelings come and go.

My parents assume I have anxiety, but sometimes I'm afraid these "attacks" might get worse and might lead to some heart attack or stroke. I know it's really unlikely for a 23 year old guy like myself, to have a stroke or heart attack.

I'm not "unhealthy" per se. I'm not fat nor do I abuse drugs or alcohol nor do I have lots of sex.

I'm not sure if it's "stress" that's screwing with me: being in graduate school, off/on tension at my house life(I can assume that is sort of a factor).

But I don't get why with these "stress" factors, I don't feel emotionally "stressed." I mean I don't cry or yell or shout when I'm these stressful enviornments, but these physical feelings kick in.

I don't get how or why, I get these "attacks" when I eat. I mean, I'm not a paramedic that's on call and has to stop what he's doing, and get ready for work or something. Nor am I Wall Street broker(lol).

I tried working out on my thread-mil today, but I had to stop at 14 minutes, because I had this head rush, dizzy spell.

I have tried supplements to correct/alievate these issues:

-5htp had worked but it had somewhat increased my anxiety or made it worse sort of.
-I bought GABA today and I'm going to see if it helps out or not. So far, I see some slight improvement(5-10%).

Has anyone had these problems like me? I mean, I know out of the 6 billion people in this world, I'm sure there is another guy or lady that has anxiety problems like me--similar I mean.