PDA

View Full Version : Do you think these heart rate readings are cause for alarm?

pretoria
11-08-15, 13:40
Hey All,

Just going through my heart rate date in the last month taken by my apple watch and came across this entry.

It seems to go from a normal rate up to 167bpm then down to 41bpm in the space of 1-2 minutes and then slowly climbs back up again.

Do you think this could indicate an issue?

http://i.imgur.com/u5qClmW.png

Nathan

DaisyLove
11-08-15, 14:07
i imagine if my pulse was taken id have alot of that to deal with. i find that as a side effect of my meds is changes in heart beat but its nothing to worry about just a little annoying. i think you should just ignore that monitor and not look at it as it will be another anxiety trigger. try not to worry :)

Fishmanpa
11-08-15, 14:58
i think you should just ignore that monitor and not look at it as it will be another anxiety trigger. try not to worry :)

Agreed. Unless you're into physical fitness to the extreme or a doctor advised it, delete the app!

Positive thoughts

Besides... that's looks more like a glitch anyway.

countrygirl
11-08-15, 19:39
Plus it might not be accurate, its not a certified medical ecg moniter.

If this reading was correct then you would almost certainly have felt faint and peculiar so the fact you did not notice anything would make me very strongly suspect that the readings are nowhere near accurate.

TheMadOladCoger
11-08-15, 20:56
Looking at the picture it seems like these reading have been taken from an apple watch, If that is correct. I wouldn't think to much of it, I personally have found that it doesn't seem accurate. It changes ever second between around 90 and 60 for me which doesn't seem possible so I wouldn't worry about.

I also had a time when I first got it that I would look at the heart rate monitor, but after a while I gave up as it doesn't seem to be accurate.

Peace

DonnaT
17-08-15, 15:09
I wouldn't believe this app. Are you a fit person?just get it checked out Do you do a lot of sport I mean a lot of sport??? I think if your worried go to see the Gp. R u getting any dizziness or anything?? just get it checked out to put your mind at rest

ricardo
17-08-15, 16:05
I haven't seen a heart rate monitor, hand held or worn that is 100% accurate every time it is used.

Even at my own surgery they often give an error reading or just don't work, and they are serviced regularly.

MyNameIsTerry
17-08-15, 22:32
If that happened wouldn't you have noticed it at the time? So, could it nasty be an error in the reading? The rest being consistent would suggest they are more accurate.

Did you do some intense exercise? Resting heart rate will be higher for a time afterwards anyway.

sl1nky
17-08-15, 22:36
Eeek! Remove the app, you'll obsess over it, consult the doctor! I'm already trying to scratch off the habit of checking my pulse every 5 minutes, don't go down the same road

pretoria
19-08-15, 16:17
I have stopped checking now before I start to obsess over them :/