PDA

View Full Version : Stomach Pain - So worried!!

kittenface
11-08-15, 14:33
Hello everyone,

I haven't had to come on here for quite a long while. Which is good. But recently I've been feeling panicky again. I have woken up a number of times in the last few months, gasping for breath (I always have early morning panic attacks) and I can just feel it bubbling under the surface once again.

I am about to start my dream job in a few months (so exciting, but also a lot of pressure) and my partner has moved away for work very suddenly - so I feel like all this change may be triggering my panic.

ANYWAY - this is the actual problem at the moment. About three months ago I started experiencing stomach pain maybe three times a week. It's a kind of dull pain on the left side of my stomach in the middle - and it lasts for most of the day. I can also feel a sort of pressure and gurgling sensation, like I need to pass gas - but this rarely happens, and only relieves the pain briefly.

After about a month of getting it regularly and being increasingly worried, it just kind of stopped - I just got the pain less regularly and then I didn't get it for weeks at a time.

Today I've got it again. I'm not sure why, but it's completely freaking me out! I'm really scared it's from some horrendous underlying cause (i'm worried it's my pancreas after some ill-advised Googling).

Surely if it was something really terrible it would stay bad or get steadily worse, rather than occur less frequently?? Could anxiety cause this kind of non-specific pain/gas pain?

I wish I didn't have to go through this cycle every time anything feels different in my body. :weep:

Any response or advice would be greatly appreciated!!

xXx KittenFace xXx

MandiMoo
12-08-15, 08:46
Hi KittenFace,

I am so sorry that you are having these tummy issues, especially with your new job coming up. Do you suffer with IBS? I know that is a easy catch all for tummy pain/gas/bloating etc, but I have similar issues. I am currently under going investigation for tummy issues. I too have done the worst thing by visiting Dr Google and I too am now convinced I have pancreatic cancer/stomach cancer and or issues with my Gallbladder (I have some mid-upper back pains)there are about 100 other things it could also be. Most of the tests that I have had so far are all normal (full bloods, bloods for pancreas/liver and an ab ultrasound) and I am currently awaiting an appointment for an endoscope to see what is happening with my tummy. I have turned an episode of overeating and heart burn (poss GERD, haiatal hernia or ulcer or nothing) into cancer, just by worrying and googling, it is so unhealthy. I am not saying that I don't have something wrong with my digestive system (if I came off the proton pump tablets) I sure the burning would start again, but the HA I suffer from has made everything worse. My advice is as you have had a lot or change and about to start an amazing new job, it might be worth just popping to your Dr's and let them know what is going on. They may be run some tests and examine you which may help to aliviate any anxiety that is building up. If I am anxious I always feel like my tummy is a bit off and I can't tell you how many times I have been to A&E in the last few years for heart problems, (pains in chest, back and palpatations) when it is all caused by anxiety.

Good Luck and let us know how you get on, especially with you new job.

MandiMooxxx

kittenface
12-08-15, 17:40
Hi MandiMoo,

Thanks so much for your reply! It's really helpful to know that anxiety can cause these kinds of issues. I know this deep down, but it's good to remind myself when I can feel my HA rearing its ugly head again.

I hope the endoscope will give you some answers - but it's great news that all of your tests so far have been clear. It's crazy what we do to our own bodies just by stressing out.

Thank you so much for the advice - I have just booked an appointment with my GP so I will be going tomorrow. Fingers crossed I can get some answers or reassurance. My anxiety feels pretty horrible, I am currently having chest pains as well, which came on last night. The fact that they have coincided with my return to this site tells me that it's anxiety related - but it doesn't make it less scary.

I will let you know how I get on - thanks so much for your kind words <3

xXx Kittenface xXx