PDA

View Full Version : Neck stiffness, headache, palpitations

inha
11-08-15, 18:33
Hello,
I'm here today with renewed anxiety about strokes, specifically. I've been having a nearly constant headache/neck pain for two days, and sometimes feel like parts or my face/one of my hand goes numb. I can move it but it feels funny.
I've been to the ER but since my blood pressure was perfect and my heart was beating regularly, they sent me home right away.
My neck feel stiff and it cracks, the base of my skull hurts mostly on the left side of my head. I also feel like my eyes are hurting, or a tension-headache like pain.
I've felt like my heart beats really hard on the side of my neck, especially on the right side. At one point there was even a noise in my ear like a rumbling.

I'm only 19 and there was never one stroke in my family, my cholesterol is totally fine, blood tests have all been okay. I don't take the pill. I have a cardiologist appointment for a slight murmur (my GP says it's functional) in two days, but I feel like I'm going to die before that... or at least very soon.
Sure, I'm spending a lot of time sitting/watching TV because my anxiety is crippling and preventing me from doing anything, but that's all...

I know nobody can diagnose me, but writing it helps and I hope you can tell me if you've experienced something similar...

I was also wondering about Xanax. I'd been taking one 0.25 pill per day for 7 days and yesterday, I didn't. I felt terrible all night and still up to now, but I don't know if I could be feeling withdrawal symptoms already...

All of this trying to convince myself my carotid artery is not dissected but it's just hard!

Thanks for reading ! Please tell me if you've had similar problems, it would help a lot.