PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone... New to the forum and getting panicky!

MandiMoo
11-08-15, 20:16
Hi Everyone,

I new to the forum, but have been following posts on here for a few weeks. I have been suffering with Bi-Polar and anxiety since my late teens (I am now 47), but I specifically have been suffering from health anxiety since my Mum died of heart disease 10 years ago. In the last year alone I have diagnosed myself with heart disease (heart attack), blocked arteries in legs. (I run a lot and convinced myself) that the calf pain I was having was blocked arteries. After various trips to the GP and numerous tests, my legs, veins and heart were fine! Fast forward to mid June, when I over ate one evening and was violently sick in the night, which followed a few days later with heatburn and acid reflux. I did the worst thin that anyone with HA could do and visited Dr Google OMG I have been spending weeks convinced that I have pancreatic cancer ( I have back ache), stomach cancer (Lansoprazole) has taken care of most of the burning and and now I think it might be gallbladder issues (dependent on every little twinge it changes to various organs on a daily basis. I have had full blood work (all normal), an abdominal ultrasound (all normal) a visit to A&E (due to the upper-mid back pain) and have had more blood tests for the pancreas/liver, again all normal. I am currently awaiting for an appointment for an endoscopy. I was panicking really badly and go from one extreme to the other of being terrified to oh well if if I have the Big C I have it. It really had made my anxiety issues worse ( gone as far as planning a funeral etc). I have just got my aniexty and a low mood swing from my bipolar under control. It feels like a viscous circle. My frie & family:yesyes: have been great, but I am allowing it to rule work and social activities and my friends are getting bored (I don't blame them), Sorry for the long post, but just wanted to get it all out. Anyone else fell like this? Thanks for listening. MandiMoo

venusbluejeans
11-08-15, 20:22
Hiya MandiMoo and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Mark13
11-08-15, 20:48
Hi Mandimoo. I'm sure you'll be glad you joined.

There's plenty of advice and support here.

You're not alone.

All the best.

MandiMoo
11-08-15, 20:49
Venusbluejeans,

Thanks for the welcome and looking forward to posting with all that understand anxiety and all that comes with it.

MandiMoo

sial72
11-08-15, 21:09
Hi MandiMoo and welcome
You ask if anyone else feels like you? Unfortunately loads of us here ;-)
Apart from all the physical examinations have you ever been offered therapy to help manage your anxiety? Xx

MandiMoo
12-08-15, 11:46
Hi Sial72,

Thanks for responding. I have had various offers of help over the last few years and I did try CBT (that was a while ago). When I had my mood wobble last year I was was offered some group therapy, which unfortunately I declined at the time. It was in the week and I work and I thought I would soldier on with the new medication. The meds are good. I am on 50mg Seratraline (think thats how it is spelt) and 100mgs Lamotrogine for the Bi-Polar daily. Once I have dealt with my recent tummy issues I will request a referral back to the Mental Health Team to discuss that maybe I do try the therepy. I might have to wait a bit, but I was thingk of tying some self help books as a stop gap. I don't have any spare money at the mo to go for private therapy, but I know that I need to control this HA as I am only going to get older and have more health issues (due to aging) and need to look after myself (mentally) than I have been doing. i think I got a bit complacent that I was dealing with my Bi-Polar and until last Summer I thought I was.

Regards
MandiMoo

sial72
12-08-15, 12:43
For me Claire Weekes books were very very helpful but they are not specific to Health Anxiety, more just for generalised anxiety, panic and agoraohobia