PDA

View Full Version : Ingrown hair, tumour or cyst???

John_Daryl
12-08-15, 01:38
OK so over a year ago now I had this tiny little knot like thing under my skin that kind of felt like a thick hair. For over a year I developed no pain and no symtpoms and I presumed it was an ingrown hair.
I did however develop a bad habit of playing with it and last week I punctured it with a drawing pin to see what was going on.

This was a terrible idea as it flamed up badly and my face swole up causing pain in and around the area. The swelling since has dramatically reduced but its a little larger than it was prior to the drawing pin incident.

Now its not round, its not tender, still feels like a hair follicle that is mildy swollen. Its 3mm x 1.5mm and underneath the skin on my chin so you cannot see it but can feel it if you squeeze. It also shrinks in size when you put pressure on it.

Given my anxiety I have now started googling what it could be and iv set my mind of the worst of the worst. Cancerous tumour.

No idea how iv gone from having this in my face for over a year (at least to my knowledge) to thinking this but its where I'm at right now.

Any ideas what this could be by my description?

Thank you in advance guys. Appreciate it.

John_Daryl
12-08-15, 07:25
Anybody care to give me some help :(

John_Daryl
12-08-15, 20:40
Bump

John_Daryl
15-08-15, 01:42
Bunp

venusbluejeans
15-08-15, 01:46
if you are worried about it then make a drs appointment and ask them to have a look maybe.

It sounds like you may have had a little infection there that cleared itself up.... doesn't sound like a Cancerous tumour to me, just something that you have been picking/fiddling worse and you have agravated it