PDA

View Full Version : LPR, Anxiety, or ALS

rudiskacel
12-08-15, 02:17
I have been suffering from some symptoms now for since January and I would like your opinion, I believe it to be one of two things, anxiety (over ALS) or LPR. I have been to the ENT and he scoped my throat and said there was a little redness in the throat and prescribed 3 months of omeprazole. I finished my course of PPI's just under a month ago and I think they may have helped a little but still have some wee things I'd like your opinions on.

*Difficulty Swallowing - I'm not sure of I'm actually having trouble or my mind is playing tricks on me but it definitely feels as if it's strained in some way.
*Feeling of Mucus - I feel like there's a lot of mucus in my throat and I can't get rid of it.
*Throat Clearing - constantly, trying to get rid of the afformentioned mucus that I think is there.
*Weird Regurgitation - sometimes when I burp I get the feeling of food and drink coming back up into my throat, sometimes my mouth. It is normally quite an acidic feeling (a bit like lemon juice) but it tastes of the food i've eaten.
*Sore Neck - Very occasionally, I get a sore neck. Not really sure why.
*All over twitches - They are not the twitches generally associated with ALS. They are throbbing twitches (like a heartbeat) and move all over my body, I can have one in my arm that lasts for 15 seconds, then 15 minutes later it'll be in my calf, or my side, or my bad etc. I'm hoping this is just my anxiety playing tricks on me.
*Fatigue - I think it's fatigue. I keep telling myself it is the start of my arm weakening and keep doing strength tests by lifting my bed. I can still lift it. It must be fatigue.
*Perceived Slurring - I don't think I am. I record myself and I sound normal. Everybody I ask says I sound normal. I just have a voice in my head that says "you just slurred that word" every so often.

​Opinions

Greenman50
12-08-15, 17:09
Classic anxiety symptoms , only one i dont reconise is the slurred speech .

All the others i have had :mad:

FeelLikeNeo
12-08-15, 21:01
I have all the same, including the throat things.

Do you drink a lot of coffee? My theory is it's coffee that's causing the strained feeling. It's quite acidic and I drink a lot... I'm obviously not that bothered, as I haven't tried to stop!!

Hypo84
12-08-15, 21:23
It's definitely not ALS...no idea what is LPR. Twitches, fatigue, perceived slurring is all anxiety.

RoseEve
13-08-15, 01:12
I am a big time ALS fearer. Especially bulbar onset. Everything you have described is anxiety. I think you are just over analyzing your speech. That's what happens to me.