PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody been tested for ovarian cancer?

Lohah
12-08-15, 21:01
Basically after months and months of issues I finally got an ultrasound scan (transvaginal one) I got called in the same day by my GP who told me I had a mass on my right ovary and it appears to be solid, they want to send me for the CA-125 test.

Referred urgently to gynae, from then I have 2 more ultrasounds and then an MRI which comes back with notes saying the mass it definitely solid and it looks 'suspicious' so they want to operate ASAP.

I've got to go in this Friday for my operation, which I am dreading as operations have always been a big fear for me. Not the pain, that I can deal with just the thought of risks etc...

Anyway, they're going to do a biopsy (take the whole thing out though) and with the possibility of removing the whole ovary.

Has anybody had to go through anything like this? At the moment I'm feeling pretty lonely :\ I've been alright up until now I just feel I need someone who's had a similar experience I guess.

Hope you are all well

x

Beckie4567
13-08-15, 00:02
I havnt been thro this but want to wish u all the best in the op x

pulisa
13-08-15, 08:12
I haven't either but also send you my very best wishes for Friday. The CA125 test isn't 100% accurate but the laparoscopy and biopsy will give you a definitive diagnosis. Please let us know how you get on?xx

blue moon
13-08-15, 09:35
I had both ovaries removed.Just want to wish you well on Friday:hugs:

sial72
13-08-15, 11:54
Sorry, can't help as I have not been through this but I wish you all the best for tomorrow xx

Lohah
07-09-15, 22:55
Well they managed to save the ovary. it was definitely a solid growth he said and that my ovary was also enlarged, said results should be ready in a few couple of weeks, but I am still waiting on biopsy results at the moment. been just over 3 weeks now :/

Beckie4567
04-10-15, 13:48
How did u get on with results x