PDA

View Full Version : Worried about Protruding Chest Vein

geordieinexile
13-08-15, 09:37
Hi, and thank you for reading. I'm really worrying myself here.

I am a 26 year old male, generally good health but overweight (about 125kg). For the past 2 nights before going to bed, I have noticed a vein in the centre of my chest have slight bumps along it. I do have a couple of varicose veins on my lower legs (hereditary bad circulation), but from what I understand they only occur in the lower extremities, and certainly not 2-3 inches from the heart.

I have always had a 'strong' heartbeat, so much so that I got really anxious about it 5 years ago, where I had several ECGs at the GP, as well as blood work, chest X-Ray and 3 hours on an ECG at hospital when I had a panic attack.

I'm really worried about seeing large but only slight lumps along the vein. I've always been able to see it, but never with any lumps or protrusions. They do tend to disappear slightly every now and again, but they always re-appear at night. I do have an appointment booked to see the doctor, but it isn't for a little while.

The only other relevant thing I can think of is that I do have a tight chest, and some chest soreness, but 3 days ago I had a really bad cold, and I sneeze with a tremendous amount of force. Could this be related?

Thanks again.