PDA

View Full Version : New Girl (Well young at heart anyway!)

susieg
13-08-15, 11:28
Hi All, Just a little about me. I have had agoraphobia for many years off and on- 35 to be precise. In that time I ive had children and held jobs and had lots of wonderful times but somehow managed to cope. I am now 55 and for some reason in it has reared its ugly head once again. I am feeling pretty rough most times and especially in the mornings. My problem is that I would really like to have some blood tests and general health tests done but cannot go to the doctors. My surgery nurse would come to me if I needed it in the past but I am really worried what the results come up with. Because I feel so ill at times I am worried that I might be asked to go for further tests and as I am so house bound I wont be able to go. I know this is silly as this is only going to make me better but I just cannot bring myself to book an appointment!. Any ad voice would be much appreciated. Susie

---------- Post added at 11:28 ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 ----------

Just a little postscript. I never talk about my illness to my family so they have no idea how I feel. It felt really good just being able to tell people and at last hope that for the first time I can find help.

venusbluejeans
13-08-15, 11:29
Hiya susieg and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

sial72
13-08-15, 11:36
Hi Susie
I would recommend you read Claire Weekes (if you haven't done already). She was very helpful for me when I had agoraphobia when I was young.
I think Amazon have a free download at the moment. You can put it on your phone and listen to it when you go out.
I would book that appointment and then come on here to let us know when it is and we will cheer you along to it lol xxx