PDA

View Full Version : Still bothered with clicking noise on top of skull

natalie yog
13-08-15, 12:24
I've been looking everywhere on this site but no one has ever mentioned about having a clicking noise at the top of their head. It's not painful just annoying and making me think the worst that it could be bleeding on the brain or an aneurysm. It's really getting me down and everyone keeps putting it down to my neck or anxiety. But can a clicking noise in my neck really travel to the top of my head. It's really upsetting me.

natalie yog
13-08-15, 22:38
I hate this I've just had that noise again and I'm really tempted to Google it. I'm terrified that I'm going to have an aneurysm or bleeding on the brain.

countrygirl
14-08-15, 14:23
The answer to your question is yes yes yes. I think I replied to your older posts about this and explained that when I strained a tendon in my neck everytime I moved my head it sounded like rifle shots going off in my skull and it took 4 months to go away.

Does the noise only come on when you move your head?
If its happening randomly then the other possibility is a sinus issue as your sinuses can make very loud clicking noises and you have sinuese in your forehead, its nothing serious and usualy means your sinuses have lots of gunk in them. Have you tried steam inhalations if you thnk sinuses may be to blame?

BlueEyesShining
14-08-15, 16:02
I had this for many years, mainly when i was running or jumping. It was exactly on the top of my head. I was so used to it that i didn`t even thought about it anymore. But now it stopped for some reason. No one was able to tell me what it was

natalie yog
14-08-15, 16:23
Mine seem to happen when I'm sitting down and but also happen when I walk too. It's mg own fault for going on Google and reading peoples medical stories. My Mum told me that if it was an aneurysm that I wouldn't be here right now and she has threatened to take my phone away so I'll stop checking.

Fishmanpa
14-08-15, 16:26
Have you asked your Mom about getting help with your anxiety?

Positive thoughts

natalie yog
14-08-15, 17:09
Yes I've just answered a questions over the phone that were about my different anxieties and problems I have. Now I'm just waiting for a date for my first face to face session with a counsellor.

Fishmanpa
14-08-15, 17:16
Yes I've just answered a questions over the phone that were about my different anxieties and problems I have. Now I'm just waiting for a date for my first face to face session with a counsellor.

That's great! I'm really glad to hear this. You're too young to be help captive by worries. My daughter is 22 and she's suffered from anxiety and depression. Her mother and I made sure she got help and she's doing awesome!

Positive thoughts

natalie yog
14-08-15, 17:59
To tell you the truth I can't wait to start. My anxiety/depression has been bothering a lot the past few days but today has been horrible. I keep thinking that I'm going to drop dead with an brain aneurysm. It's horrible and the whole day feels like a nightmare. Right now when I'm typing this the world feels like it's spinning around me and I'm getting eye pain like a pin is getting stabbed into it.

fruity
14-08-15, 20:45
I have this too

Fly away Katie
15-08-15, 09:37
Omg I literally have had this for years. It's so annoying!! X

natalie yog
15-08-15, 12:32
It's driving me crazy right now. I know that I've got to stop these thoughts but I was stupid enough to read people's medical stories and now I've filled myself with so much worry thinking something is going to happen to me.

BlueEyesShining
15-08-15, 12:54
I can reassure you that it`s nothing serious. Easier said than done, but stop reading on Google. Checking on Google always makes me feel as i`m dying when in fact there is nothing wrong. Relax and distract yourself, you will be ok

natalie yog
15-08-15, 14:06
Thanks. My Mum has just been sitting with me and telling me that I've been like this for over 2 months and if there was something wrong with me I would've felt a lot worse and my optician and Dr would've spotted if had a problem with my brain or eyes.

natalie yog
16-08-15, 01:38
It's 1:37 am and all I did is turnover in bed and the top of my head clicked again. Now I'm too scared to sleep :(

natalie yog
16-08-15, 11:06
Feels like everything is a total mess now. I haven't slept all night can't stop thinking about aneurysm/tumours, have pain behind eye, clicking all around my head, sharp pains. I am just so fed up I was doing so well and now I'm back at square one. I really can't stand myself at the moment.