PDA

View Full Version : Teeth worries

Littlemissworry93
13-08-15, 19:13
Hi everyone,
So my teeth have been bothering me for quite some time now. After being in pain with my back tooth last month and convincing myself my front teeth were loose my dentist said I had a cavity in the tooth that was causing me pain after examining my teeth and doing an X-ray and id need a filling which I had done a few weeks ago and obviously me thinking my front teeth were loose was a HA thing. My tooth has felt fine since I've had it done however I am a chronic teeth grinder to the point where it hurts and even then I don't stop! I've been grinding my front teeth pretty badly lately and all of my mouth, teeth and jaw have felt sooo painful. I've convinced myself yet again I've done damage and they're going to drop out any minute. The pain I constantly think is something more sinister than teeth grinding though I know deep down that's the cause of it. I mentioned the teeth grinding to my dentist and she said she couldn't see any damage or wear and tear from the grinding which I found strange, I guess I haven't been doing it as bad as I think I have been. I just feel like I'm losing my mind over my teeth! I know there's nothing bad wrong with my front teeth or any of my teeth now since I had my filling done but I'm just frightened I've done some permanent damage :( very sorry if all this sounds a bit strange I'm just frightened to death! Thank you xx

ricardo
13-08-15, 19:29
Hi

You have been posting about your teeth for three months now and I am sure the grinding is part of your anxiety.

Initially I would get a mouth guard made by your dentist,they aren't too expensive and then go back to your doctor to discuss this near obsession with your teeth. I don't know if you are on medication at the moment but it might be worth a discussion.